Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4D Parts Machine

Metalman 55 ยท 2014-05-05 21:06

[ATTACH]118271 I picked up this 78A parts machine for the winch & canopy & plan to install both on mine (also a 78A) being the one without the canopy. The parts machine starts, but really knocks. The canopy is complete, with the front part laying on the ground nearby. The winch is a Hyster D4E as shown in the pic. Anyone have experience with that winch?

Replies6
  1. #1Old Magnet2014-05-05 22:47

    They are a good unit, not much different than the Hyster D4D that I know of. I see the control module in the picture, does it have the control cables as well? The D4E is the last of the cast steel housing units, the next model D4F is fabricated steel plate.

  2. #2Metalman 552014-05-05 23:00

    No cables, so I will have to get something made up. Will there be a hub in my machine that will accept the input drive shaft on the winch, shown in the picture? I don't have the parts machine yet....plan to move it next week.

  3. #3Old Magnet2014-05-06 01:00

    Usually the coupling is on the winch drive shaft. Could very will be still in your parts machine. You can check out the parts manual here.... http://www.alliedsystems.com/pdf/Winch/Manuals/599183W.pdf

  4. #4Metalman 552014-05-06 07:38

    Ok, thanks.

  5. #5Metalman 552014-05-14 22:02

    Moved the parts machine home today & found the drive coupler in the mix of loose parts. Know what the bare drum line pull is on the Hyster D4E?

  6. #6Old Magnet2014-05-14 22:19

    Bare drum pull is 26,500 lbs.