Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4H XL problem

mofar · 2023-05-24 02:53

Hi everybody, I am new here . But seriously need a help. I bought one D4H XL in Ghana which sleep somewhere for almost 15 years . We changed the engine and almost all the hydraulic pipe and start running very well. But after 5 or 6 hours work stop reverse in right chain and 2 minutes later forward also stop moving . Only one side , left was moving normal. We opened final drive and control valve and changed seals .but still is same . I am in Africa and no good mekanik here . Please help me .my WhatsApp 00233501863670

Replies3
  1. #1JAJ2023-05-27 17:32

    Hi mofar, welcome to the forum. The first thing you will need is a serial number for your machine. People on here will be able to look up that number and know how your machine was built by caterpillar. It sounds like you have a steering related problem if it is only one side. I have a D6H and they can have diff steer or steering clutches and brakes. I am not sure what options the D4h have.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2023-05-28 08:26

    sounds like steering clutches and seals

  3. #3JAJ2023-05-28 17:46

    Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. I don’t think the D4h has the option of diff steer did they? The other thought I had was if it’s been sitting for 15 years it might even be as simple as a stuck linkage or valve spool. The OP said they looked at control valve so that may have all been checked already…