Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4H2 TANSMISSON FLUID

dennis sanders ยท 2019-04-30 03:24

I am needing to add fluid after a hose break...I'm thinkin a high quality HTB fluid is ok..any help will be appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1dennis sanders2019-04-30 03:33
  2. #2dennis sanders2019-04-30 03:44

    A spelling lesson needed also..long day

  3. #3Nige2019-04-30 03:53

    You need an SAE30 oil that meets Cat TO-4 specification. I had to look it up. From what I can see HTB Fluid meets the former Cat TO-2 specification, but not the later TO-4. Do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual..? The fluid specs are all listed in that.

  4. #4dennis sanders2019-04-30 16:29

    Thanks...glad I ask..

  5. #5dennis sanders2019-04-30 16:33

    Is 210 f acceptable on a warm day for the torque converter..radiator is staying between 180..200 dg...big improvement from last summer...havent set the buzzer off.

  6. #6Nige2019-05-01 04:17

    The converter will probably go to about 240 before it sets off the high temperature alarm, so 210 ought to be nothing really to worry about.

  7. #7dennis sanders2019-05-02 02:33

    Its been a battle with this tractor...Cascade dish washing liquid finnaly did the most good with the radiator..I'm convinced the previous owner had put pond water in it...it was still heating up and losing coolant..finally found the culprit..a heater hose at the heater core had 4 clamps and connectors in a 2 ft hose that runs to the right side of the block..cant figure out why they didnt replace the hose instead of putting connecters and clamps. My next step is changing the trans filter under the floor plate..hope it cools the converter down. It only raises on long pushes or hard digging such as cutting tree roots. Appreciate the help you fellows have gave me.