The only thing that works on the dozer is the horn. Looks like a mouse has brought down my beast yet again. Getting pretty tired of this. So, anyone know where I can get the schematics? I have zero lights, dash, nothing but the horn. Gotta figure out where to start. Sigh. Serial number is KMM00461
Check your messages.
A good place to start is to put some nasty mouse food in a plastic bottle with a 3/4 hole in the lid that only a mouse can get in to. The plastic container can be put in the stump pan and one on top of the inside of one track every time you park it You remove it every time you get to machine to go to work. I have stuff that everytime they eat it they go running to get water and don't come back. It is that or major headaches. It is all I know for prevention. About $10 and works. Simon C
Thanks Nige. As always over the top! I’m willing to try anything Simon. I’ve found leaving everything open helps a lot. They are looking for shelter.
Yes, water, they get thirsty and a parts interpreter where I used to work told me to always provide a water tray in the parking area, or else they can open radiator hoses.
That would be true cause they smell the sugar in antifreeze or whatever it is that makes it sweet. Simon C
Would be good to fully check out the battery box and engine starter cable setup. Have found a total no start on Cat236B with ground cable from starter snapped off and laying on botttom. There was no path back to battery ground. Check all the simple stuff first including breakers and all battery connections, and power relays. Lots of things to check and rule out. Start at Batteries. Simon C
Ah, now that makes sense, learnt something when I read this yesterday.
Finally am on site for this. Since it was running fine when I parked it, the m doubtful I lost the system ground but I’ll check if I don’t have to disassemble half the machine to get to it. The second battery is down in the belly so that means removing the floor.
Finally am on site for this. Since it was running fine when I parked it, the m doubtful I lost the system ground but I’ll check if I don’t have to disassemble half the machine to get to it. The second battery is down in the belly so that means removing the floor. Here is my first guess… I wonder what that wire does.
I’m no dozer mechanic but I’d say this is a good place to start…. Sigh… that looks expensive.
The green wire that the rat b*****d ate….. labeled as “KEY SWITCH RUN INPUT”. Again, I’m no mechanic but I’m willing to bet why the dozer no run.
Oh great…. And the orange wire is: KEY SWITCH START INPUT
That may be only what is visible for now, maybe more hiding. Equipment is never to be parked on grass without mouse poison in a plastic bottle with 3/4 inch hole so that when they eat it , then they go and run for water. One under the floor boards or in the belly pan and leave one under the back end sitting on a track that gets removed every time the machine is to be used. My idea sounds like too much hassle, your problem looks to be 10 tiimes worse. May need some harnesses before she is all done, sorry to hear the root cause. Simon C
Thanks for the suggestions Simon. This is the third or maybe fourth harness I’ve replaced. I wrap them in mesh as I replace them. Eventually I guess the whole machine will be encased in mesh. This is where the dozer lives… It’s pretty hard to fight against nature. I will add some poison as you suggest but I think the real answer is to build yet another shed that will be a long-term home for the dozer.
I hate threads that don’t have a conclusion. I made a discovery today. I was never going to be able to extract those pins with the connector mated. In fact even after de-mating the connector, I STILL couldn’t extract the pin. Then I discovered this connector has one of those locking pieces that prevents pin extraction. Dozer is back together now and runs. It has a another problem but I’ll create a new post for that. Thanks for all the help.