Hey guys I have a older cat d5 dozer. I would say late 70s model. It has the powershift transmission. The other morning when I was first running it, it just stopped and would not go forward or backwards. I wasn't pushing anything just driving across the filed. Messed with it for a few minutes and started going again like nothing ever happened. Did it to me again today same deal. Both times it happened machine had only been running for about 10 minutes and was cold outside. What could cause this and should I be worried? Any help or advice would be very appreciated. Thanks
Change trans oil and filters, clean screens, make sure brakes are adjusted.
I will try that Shimmy1 thanks. Anybody else ever had this issue?
you need to check the hose connections from the trans pump to the bottom of the transmission including the o ring on the magnetic strainer I had a D6 do the same thing the hose clamps were lose and it would suck air. it would be worse in colder days