Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d5 steering help

chrism ยท 2020-03-04 11:57

I have an older D5 dozer (I would guess 70's) where one side steering brake works fine when going forward, but in reverse doesn't seem to engage at all, just goes to bottom of pedal travel, any idea what to check or adjust? thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Dave Neubert2020-03-04 16:15

    is the pedal full in forward

  2. #2chrism2020-03-04 16:59

    I dont think so but it does go in further than the right sine one before engaging and doesnt feel as firm

  3. #3Dave Neubert2020-03-05 07:57

    try adjusting the brake up

  4. #4dozr2020-03-05 11:08

    on those machines you can check ring gear beraing and finial by drivening machine and putting a little presser on brake petal if it moves your foot up and down there is something loose most of time they are dry brakes and have oil on them or clutch, or brake is out of adjustment.