Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5g drive coupler

Mbar · 2020-01-30 20:02

ive got a d5g wgb00840 with what I’m thinking to believe a bad pump pump drive coupler. Loki g for opinions on what people like best. Engine or pump removal ?

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2020-01-31 04:50

    Does the attached give you any ideas.?

  2. #2Mbar2020-01-31 05:56

    Nice I looked at that last night on sis and it looks like a real pain. To me I think it will be easier to pull the motor. That’s why I was looking for opions

  3. #3Nige2020-01-31 07:43

    Sorry, didn't realize you had SIS. Dropping the pump out through the bottom doesn't look that bad though, especially when compared to the work involved in snatching an engine.

  4. #4Mbar2020-01-31 07:51

    This is true. There isn’t much of a access panel in the floor. The picture makes it look a lot bigger. And the machine is of course nosed into a dirt pile

  5. #5Mobiltech2020-01-31 07:56

    I did a d5k years ago and I think I pulled the engine. I don’t like opening up hydrostatic lines if I don’t have to. Wasn’t that bad of a job. The way the rear mount is designed your better to leave the mount in frame and pull engine away from it.

  6. #6Mbar2020-01-31 08:11

    That’s kind of where I’m at With it.

  7. #7GUNNER882020-01-31 10:34

    on the g series you should be able to pull the pumps back and secure them with a strap or something and then change out the coupler. but on the k series that is not possible, you have to pull the engine, the back plate was made different to where it wont clear your rear motor mounts. I found out the hard way. there shouldn't be many hoses you have to undo, I think I ran a strap through the back of the machine onto the rear of the pump and just ratchet the thing back.

  8. #8Tyler d4c2020-01-31 12:27

    Pull the engine it's not to bad I have one down as we speak