Part number 6T-6782. Question is why in the world would they discontinue these segments to a solid bolt on ring?? Segments are way easier to change and no longer available
I just did a quick google search on that part number and there seems to be many suppliers that have it in stock, here is just 1.. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...t6782-2.html&usg=AOvVaw2UgSRIHncFUbgMpxYsZQmS
Thanks I found a couple sets on eBay but why in the world would they discontinue a segmented sprocket.
I would say $$$$$$$ either they arent making enough on segments and if its a solid sprocket you have to buy the whole thing and not separate segments... I have segmented sprockets on my komatsu d-58 and replacing 1 at a time if I had to, would be extremely easier than if it was a single piece...
Maybe trying to keep segments from working loose. The "field fix" was always to weld the segments together to prevent them flogging the bolts holes out in the hub when the hardware came loose.
With as easy as it is to take a modern track master link apart its really not a big deal if the sprocket ring is one piece. It makes sense that it would be structurally attached stronger and easier to keep from working loose. My heart burn is over them painting the mating edge so we have to clean it all off. Good old cosmolene on that surface would be more user friendly.
Very true on splitting the track but the rest of the story is these segments are on a TD 25 c. Changed to cat undercarriage due to easier to find parts. Lol. To remove a solid sprocket ring on these machines the track frame must come off which isn’t the wnd of the world but a lot of work
That would be my guess as well
Like Nige says, segments always come loose on the old machines. Once the hole get loose, it's impossible for the bolts alone to hold them in place. I know the issue with the D8K and the track frame but I never removed a frame to do a final. Just jacked the back end up in the air high enough to clear the frame. Now if you are talking about a TD25C, that is a whole other bag of worms. Pulling that ball off the end of the dead axle requires a big porto power between the frame of the tractor and the track frame, puller bolts in the ball, two big rose budd torches flaming on the ball and a dude with a twenty pound hammer putting some shock into the back side of the track frame. Those things came off hard all the way.
What would be wrong with buying a solid ring and sawing it into segments?? May sound dumb but anyone ever pulled a track frame off a dozer like this may not think so.
interesting thought, and if you did only cut it in 3rds, that would be plenty to change out and not have to pull a track...I wonder if the segments are cast with extra material to beef them up since a 1 piece would have more integral strength...
I have cut them in half and after they were bolted back on welded up the cuts.