Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5k Three codes

Jason d ยท 2022-07-12 20:16

Hello i have three codes saved in the computer if someone can help identify what they mean. machine is a 2011 d5k codes are 036 E232-1 039 168-04 039 E568-2

Replies22
  1. #1Nige2022-07-13 04:37

    036 E232-1 - High water level in primary fuel filter/separator. Drain water, clean the bowl, and replace the primary fuel filter element & o-ring seals. 039 168-04 - Low system voltage. This diagnostic code is recorded when the system voltage is below 9.0 VDC. 039 E568-2 - Unexpected Left Motor Forward Speed Detected. Activates: When speed on one track is faster than expected or in opposite direction than expected. Deactivates: Must cycle keyswitch to clear the event each time the event becomes active. Event indicates that the forward direction of the left track has moved faster or slower than expected. As always, a Serial Number would help to provide more detailed information/diagnostics. I assume all three of these Codes are Active.?

  2. #2Jason d2022-07-13 06:00

    How do I know if these codes are active vs logged? The only way I can see these codes are if I hold the up and side arrow key for a few seconds together.

  3. #3Nige2022-07-13 06:33

    Supply a Serial Number and I'll look up the "how to". Can't remember it off the top of my head. I get the feeling that if a Code is Active then a letter "A" appaears somewhere on the monitor display. EDIT: I was right. See attached.

  4. #4Jason d2022-07-13 06:35

    Serial Number CAT00D5KEWWW01300. If you could send me the list of codes description that would be appreciated. Thanks

  5. #5Jason d2022-07-13 11:02

    I did post the serial number for reference on digionostic information. What does 600 stand for transmission temp? And 110 in the corner

  6. #6Nige2022-07-13 11:42

    Yes, I saw that. i used it to download the procedure for pulling up Codes using the Monitor. Without you posting a photo of the Monitor Panel when the Code is on the screen to refer to - sorry, no idea.

  7. #7Jason d2022-07-13 11:50

    Here's a few pictures of the display I was asking about

  8. #8Nige2022-07-13 12:50

    Those three readings are what is shown on the three gauges above them. Fuel tank 59% full. Engine Coolant Temp (sensor # 110) - 172 DegF Hydraulic Oil Temp (sensor # 600) - 122 DegF.

  9. #9Jason d2022-07-13 19:22

    Thanks for your help, is there a Diagnostic Code sheet you could send me for codes?

  10. #10Jason d2022-07-13 21:03

    Here is a few more pictures if you could tell me what they showing.

  11. #11Nige2022-07-14 04:39

    No problem. See the attachments.

  12. #12Nige2022-07-14 04:47

    Again these are all linked to sensors or similar. If you look on the Diagnostic Codes attachment above you will find that each component has what's known as a Component Identifier (CID) number. Your first photo is 148 (CID 0148) which is the Hystat Pressure Sensor. 133 is the Transmission Pilot Pressure Solenoid. 0 will indicate de-energized, 1 will indicate energized. The last one I'm sorry I have no idea.

  13. #13Jason d2022-07-14 21:14

    Okay thanks that really helped me out. On the same machine both front idlers move up and down. Most noticeable going forward to reverse. Can you send me documentation on checking and how to shim front idlers on a system one undercarriage

  14. #14Nige2022-07-15 05:39

    The specification and method of adjustment on the idlers is the same whatever type of undercarriage is fitted. The attachment shows the specs and the Part Number of the 4.5mm-thick shims. If the vertical movement of your idler is really excessive you may find it better to remove everything that is there right now and install a 16mm thick shim if space permits.

  15. #15John C.2022-07-15 09:58

    I'm wondering about the condition of your undercarriage as a whole to need to add shims to the front idler adjustment. How many hours on the machine and which type of undercarriage do you have, standard or System One?

  16. #16Jason d2022-07-15 10:11

    There's 4,015 hours on the machine I can post a few pictures.

  17. #17Jason d2022-07-15 10:11

    It is a system one undercarriage I believe also.

  18. #18Nige2022-07-15 10:14

    SystemOne according to post #15 John.

  19. #19Jason d2022-07-15 10:20

    Here's a few pictures of the undercarriage. What is a big wear item on a system one to watch out for?

  20. #20John C.2022-07-15 10:34

    The idlers moving up and down isn't an issue to address unless and until you have to break the tracks for repair or replacement. System One requires special tools to break the tracks so it isn't something you want to jump into just because. I have some videos that explains tracked undercarriages. Here is the play list. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnWEIsuBcxfhS2cURk5Fe7iOozptMAo7Y

  21. #21Jason d2022-07-15 10:58

    Okay I just noticed them moving up and down some and didn't want it to affect grading. What is common problems with the system one when wore out.

  22. #22John C.2022-07-15 13:39

    Leaking links, sharp sprocket teeth, roller flanges rubbing into the track pin bosses. Watch the videos.