Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5k2 duo cone seal

Kemper · 2025-03-06 13:19

Hello all, currently working on a duo cone seal on a D5K. I’m down to the part of separating the drive from the spindle and having issues separating it. Anyone done one on these and had luck? Went through procedure and it ends at removing gears. I assume it’s just the bearing that is holding it in place but want to confirm

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2025-03-06 13:25

    A Serial Number (it helps in finding info) and a photo of how far along the disassembly process you are might help. Is the final drive on or off the machine.?

  2. #2Kemper2025-03-11 20:20

    So I was able to get that all done. Looking for procedure on removing final drive from D6K2 ground level final. My other guy has our computer so no access to procedure.

  3. #3Nige2025-03-11 20:25

    I think ths should cover it.

  4. #4Kemper2025-03-11 21:10

    Thank you!

  5. #5Nige2025-03-11 21:11

    There is a separate section for disassembly & assembly if you need it.

  6. #6Kemper2025-03-12 08:36

    Yes please if you have it

  7. #7Nige2025-03-12 12:52

    Sure. Here you go.