Hello all, I have a 2018 Cat D5k2 xl -*KW202951* It sound like the pump is cavitating, it doesn’t change with load it’s most common when stopped or on idle. Had 3000 hour service last month. Pump pressure is good, no leaks on the suction side all tight ect. Cat mentioned the cab needs to be removed to check the tank strainer as it may be blocked. Sounds overkill but I can’t find any information on it. Thanks in advance
To get at the hydraulic tank suction screen "the book" says to remove the cab then remove the hydraulic tank. There may be another way to do it but it will mean making up the procedure as you go along. Was the cavitation present before the 3000hr service, or did it appear straight after the service, or something else.?
Thanks for the response, no it’s done about 200 hours since the service , it just started yesterday. I searched but haven’t seen another topic on this issue for this machine