Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dozer restoration quedtion

Yellowironfan · 2025-02-25 15:08

I’m reviving an abused Case 1150B, it’s been a long road bringing this girl back to life. Simple question I hope, what type of clearance should there be between the blade C-frame and the track frame mounted guide bars ? Some of this stuff we had to fabricate ourselves because parts are getting hard to find. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Shimmy12025-02-25 18:34

    Do you have a pic? I put many hours on an 1150C with a outside pushbeam 8-way blade. I don't recall any guide bars.

  2. #2Yellowironfan2025-02-26 14:15

    I have a page from the parts manual as an illustration. These are actually referred to bracket - rub. If the name implies the clearance then I guess tight enough to rub. Haha

  3. #3Shimmy12025-02-26 19:26

    Interesting. I don't remember those on the 1150C, or 1150E. I guess I would build them to have an 1/8 of clearance. Loose enough not to rub empty, but tight enough to touch with the slightest movement.