Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5m lgp problems

SwedeDaniel · 2018-01-09 10:40

Hello have a problem with my d5m or rather 2 problems with the hydraulics, First of all, the angle is the biggest concern It can not keep the angle of the blade so I have to sit and compensate for the lever all the time. I have tested changing overflow valves on the valve block without any results. Could it be the pilot valves in the hydraulic cylinders that got stuck? Problem 2 The blade also fails up and down, the same there I have to compensate it all the time, but not as much as the angle I would have been very grateful if someone had a good answer to my question Kind regards /Daniel

Replies7
  1. #1Junkyard2018-01-09 12:37

    Sounds to me like the cylinders are bypassing. Do you have a way to check pressures to make sure pump is doing what it's supposed to?

  2. #2SwedeDaniel2018-01-09 13:42

    I have equipment to measure the pressure, but have not checked it up yet. do you think it is leaking over in the cylinders? I saw in the book that there is also a valve inside the angle cylinders

  3. #3Junkyard2018-01-09 14:01

    There may be a check or holding valve of some sort in the cylinder. What's the S/N? If it get some time this evening I'll take a look on SIS

  4. #4SwedeDaniel2018-01-09 15:01

    Thanks for the feedback i dont have the s/n until tomorrow it’s late evening here now

  5. #5SwedeDaniel2018-01-10 02:01

    serial nr: 4TF82597

  6. #6Bls repair2018-01-10 06:21

    You could try capping off the cylinder ,use it . If it does the same thing ,problem with cylinder .

  7. #7SwedeDaniel2018-01-12 02:13

    Now I've Found It! I started by plugging one of the cylinders and running the blade to find out which one I would open, Then I did a tool to open it, noticed that the spring in the valve had gone off so that the oil could flow freely through the piston I´ve ordered a new piston from cat with a new valve in it. I hope it will be a big difference