Well, I didn't give you all the information in my last thread because I didn't have all the information. Apparently "we" have been shopping around for a dozer for most of the winter, "I" was just not a part of it... LOL. So we went and looked at the D5M XL and found it to be in excellent condition. The tractor is a 2001 model and has 8690hours on it. We had a local dozer owner operator/friend look it over a few days ago and he said it was in excellent shape. The undercarriage is near new and the motor looks to be in excellent running shape. Went through the 6-way blade, it is tight and at an idle picks the machine up in all functions. Transmission shifts smoothly, and over the course of the hour I ran it this morning breaking frozen dirt to try it out I got it changing directions smoothly too. STEEP LEARNING CURVE. The tractor is plumbed for the ripper or winch attachment, as I understand it that is an expensive component and it is already installed. The blade is 10'8" and has a new center cutting surface. Outer's are wore but still well below the blade itself. When is it time to change those? Well, we bought the machine. Got a pretty good deal on it I think. Got a very heavy duty pin on root rake thrown in on the deal with teeth on 12" centers. Still need to find some sweeps and rear window screen for the bush work, but we have the dozer we've been looking for. Thanks for all the tips in the other thread, I really appreciate it and they came in handy. Good job. Well I took some pics for you all. Here they are. Warren
Some more.
How much did that machine set you back? Great lookin though.
Was listed at 57900 CAD's, paid a lot less than that. Warren
D5M XL pics: You know, I'm some what familiar with that... ah... scenario myself... Is a nice looking dozer though... :thumbsup If you're going to add, I'd go for a ripper... unless you're planing on doing a lot of logging... my opinion. You can wear them out if you want, they won't cut quite as good... just don't wear into the moldboard. Looks like a good deal. OCR
Oh my god someone actually has properly adjusted tracks! Nice buy, ignore my advice in your other thread, it appears I was a bit late. From your pictures it looks like a pretty decent machine. If you want an exact measurement just phone your local cat dealer and ask, they would be more than happy to tell you (as they would score a sale if you need new ones).
looks like it will give many hours of productive work. Looks very well taken care of too.
HAHA, I've seen so many machines will a lot of slack in the upper portion of the track I thought that was how they were supposed to be. When I looked at this one I assumed it was too tight. Read the manual a bit and discovered it is right. Hmmmn. Thanks Warren
Great looking Cat you got. I enjoyed looking over your website with all the great pictures, and it looks like you all have a top notch working farm there!
So did you purchase the dozer for work on the farm or are you expanding into excavating as well as farming?
Hey congrats on the purchase! If you dont mind me asking how much excactly did you pay for it? (you can pm me if you want) How did Rays equipment sales treat you? They seem like good people. Im pretty sure that blade was one of Bianchi's before they went belly up. Congrats on a nice machine!
No no, just farm work. We have over 500ac of bush and fencelines to take out on all the various farms. Will be a busy few summers for a while! Land in this area is very expensive and doesn't come up for sale very often. Clearing land is a cheap way to expand. Warren