Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6 H Cat

jg2015 · 2015-03-29 23:30

can anyone tell me ABOUT the cost to replace undercarriage on D6H CAT dozer if I provide the undercarriage. Labor cost?

Replies3
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2015-03-30 00:23

    If I recall correctly, the last time I got it done the labor was between $3,500 and $4,000. That is done at the dealer, so your local pricing may vary. If I had the time to do it myself I could have saved a good deal of that, but time was an issue when it needed to be done.

  2. #2watglen2015-06-05 21:20

    We just did ours this week. 4 guys who had no clue unbuttoned two tracks and unwrapped the sprocket, replaced 4 idlers and 2 carrier rollers. Wrapped it all up, with lots of attention to detail, torqued and ready to roll in 1 full day. If that helps...

  3. #3tctractors2015-06-06 02:05

    I did the full hit the other day on a D6R H/Drive all rollers idlers segments including a re-seal on the adjusters, the owner did help me some?? this was a frame off with the E/pins hitting free nicely, the job started on the Friday afternoon with the tractor being up onto the lowloader on Sunday night at around 6pm ready to go to site first thing on the Monday, I had the aide of an old Fork Truck to lift things about, the labour bill would be around the £750-800 area, its not a bad job to do and its not realy hard work, the blade was stripped for me by the owner ready with the chains and segment bolts just getting sliced through as all new parts fitted. tctractors