Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6c blade tilts

bcguide ยท 2025-03-19 00:30

The treads for the tilts on my 6c are stripped. Just wondering if anyone had a fix for this other than finding a new set of tilts

Replies13
  1. #1Daniel Davis2025-03-31 10:38

    Get hydraulic cylinders to replace them.

  2. #2LCA0782025-03-31 12:32

    Do you mean the threads on the end of the cylinder rod are stripped? Take a pic and post- much easier to advise when we can see the damage.

  3. #3bcguide2025-03-31 13:51

    That's correct the top end of the threaded adjuster is stripped.

  4. #4Welder Dave2025-04-01 22:02

    Curious how those threads would get stripped.

  5. #5bcguide2025-04-01 23:35

    It's pretty common. Dirt gets into the threads and they wear over time.

  6. #6bcguide2025-04-03 22:04

    Here are some pictures. The top of the turnbuckle threads are stripped and has been welded. The bottom one is still serviceable.

  7. #7LCA0782025-04-03 22:23

    That's a tough one. I don't have good ideas for you if you're sure the threads are stripped. I have seen a turnbuckle welded up on an old rake to keep it from turning but there was also really no need to adjust it anyway since it was a rake.

  8. #8James Sorochan2025-04-03 22:45

    bcguide. I'm in the same boat as you. Mine hasn't been welded so when I have a moment I'll pull mine apart and see what can be done.

  9. #9pittsburgh cat man2025-04-03 22:56

    Yes it is very common to see them welded. Just like to note there is a right hand and left hand tread on them

  10. #10Welder Dave2025-04-03 23:46

    How can you tell they're stripped if they're internal?

  11. #11bcguide2025-04-04 01:35

    You'll know as soon as you pick up the blade.

  12. #12bcguide2025-08-08 20:38

    Here is what I came up with. The tilts are from a komatsu. I welded the komatsu to the 6c trunions on the blade and used the komatsu pin on on the side arms

  13. #13bcguide2025-08-08 21:22

    Picture