My blade holds up and down but will tilt if you grab the edge on something any thought
might be piston seals. You can bottom one cylinder and see if any fluid comes out that line when you put presure to it. what part of indiana you from?
I have no leaks it just don’t like to hold angle central Indian
Might be an internal leak in the tilt cylinder or could possibly be a leaking tilt cylinder valve.
Is your pedal/linkage binding up? If I don’t kick mine back to “center” (has a ****-load wear on pedal assembly) it stains the pump/motor (won’t stall, but doesn’t sound cool!) I’m asking, but could his relief-valve play into this? Or he’d have blade issues too??
Im assuming you are talking about the main lift cyilinders, and the D6 does not have hydraulic tilt cyilinders. The lift cyilinders should be plumbed in parallel, so I dont think there would be a fault in the valving. I'm thinking your lift cyilinder piston packings are worn out. Have you changed the hydraulic fluid filter lately? Any debris? If his relief valve is stuck open, he would not have any hydraulic pressure to operate the blade. I had that happen to the remotes on a farm tractor - a piece of metal from a broken cyilinder on a rock picker wedged the relief valve open and I lost all hydraulic pressure.
No my peddle is smooth made a little to
My D6C has a hydraulic tilt cylinder, It does NOT have angle cylinders, I'm assuming Independant is talking about the blade tilt not holding.
Independant- thought I should pass along the “Testing and Adjusting” section from my 1967 D5 manual for the 153 Hydraulic system. Depending on the Hydraulic Control system on YOUR machine, the ACTUAL testing and procedures (aka pressures) may be different. My machine also has a single tilt cylinder; so I’m learning a bit more here too. Page 2 and 3 offers some testing/causes for the tilt circuit. Again, I don’t know what system you have; but thought this might give you some ideas. Also, if there is any way you can post some pictures- makes a WORLD of difference for us to “see” your situation/equipment. The HEF crew will even spot other “gotchas” you didn’t even know you had!!! Best of luck!!
Thanks for the info mine is a d6c so she dose have a tilt cylinder been watching it and not sure that’s it I think one of my main cylinders are giving me trouble what kinda oil you guys run in your hydraulic
It seems to not move much been watching it I think it’s in the 2 main cylinders
When you raise the blade and let it sit does one side or the other (which ever side you think is drifting) sage lower than the other over time? If the cylinder which is drifting has that much leaking past the piston it should sage pretty quick with the weight of the blade pulling on it. Other wise it wouldn't be the cylinder causing the issue.
Cat recommends a good grade of 10w hydraulic oil for the system...I'm sure they would prefer if it was Cat brand
With a machine of that age they’re hardly likely to care. You could also just as easily use 15W/40 engine oil in it.
That too..lol
AW32 / SAE10 here. As Nige pointed out, it's a pretty simple hydraulic system, so it could pretty much run anything as long as it's clean.