Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6c hydraulic line leak

D6c10K ยท 2020-05-14 07:46

I have a 10k D6c that I think originally only had a single valve hyd. tank that was replaced with a 2-valve and a tilt cylinder. Unfortunately the tank is off an older machine and the high pressure line is hard plumbed from the pump to the tank. By the serial no. it should be a hose. I can't keep the line from leaking at the tank... either from vibration or misalignment. To install the correct tank and lines it looks like I'd have to replace the pump too because the ports would be on the end rather than the top as they are now. What are the chances of finding a complete good used tank, pump, and lines that are correct?

Replies15
  1. #1kshansen2020-05-14 09:03

    Not seeing the installation in person makes it difficult to say much but would it not be possible to replace the high pressure line with a hose?

  2. #2Nige2020-05-14 09:40

    I was thinking that. Even if it meant making a custom fitting for one end or the other of the hose so that it connected. How about posting some photos.?

  3. #3D6c10K2020-05-14 10:02

    I'll take some pics when I get back home.

  4. #4kshansen2020-05-14 12:12

    Not that a D6C isn't a nice smooth riding machine but to connect the tank with a ridged steel pipe might not be the best design!

  5. #5D6c10K2020-05-14 16:57

    Upper two angled hard lines are for the tilt cylinder. It changes to hoses at about the middle of the engine. Large pipe is the return line. No Problem with it since it's got a hose in the middle. Pipe below the return line is the high pressure pump line that's giving me fits. You can see it's not the correct hydraulic tank becasue it lacks the oil level sight glass on the side. (earlier D6 version) The two pump lines attach at the top of the hydraullic pump. The pump listed for my serial number has the lines attaching to the front of the pump. Since the hydraulic tank is an older version, and the filler cap is in a different location, they cut a new hole in the hood. I'll post some pics out the the parts manual to show what it supposed to have.

  6. #6D6c10K2020-05-14 16:59

    delete

  7. #7D6c10K2020-05-14 17:10

    Here's the parts manual page for my s/n 10k106xx (6s blade with tilt cylinder) Here are the pump lines it shoule have. Much better setup with a hose but the pump is a different style that has end mounting of the hoses. ....And the tank the the sight glass and the filler neck in the correct position. And the tilt cylinder hoses without the hard lines half way down the side of the engine. My guess is it didn't originally have a tilt cylinder and someone patched together the used parts they could find to add one. Unfortunately I just had to replace the tilt cylinder hoses this spring, which were pretty expensive, so I might end up having to buy them again if I fould the right setup.

  8. #8.RC.2020-05-15 21:30

    It does not look like there is enough room there to turn it into a flexible line. What if you loosen all the hydraulic tank hold down bolts and see if it wants to position itself somewhere else, then shim to maintain that position?

  9. #9D6c10K2020-05-16 07:58

    I agree, there's not enough room without changing pump to the other style. A while back I had the hyd tank off and spent time adjusting the alignment. I'm guessing vibration is part of the problem.

  10. #10grandpa2020-05-16 08:08

    Looks to me like the metal tags are still on the lines... can you get the part number off the old line?

  11. #11kshansen2020-05-16 10:16

    Good eye, just having a number can get you headed in the right direction on SIS.

  12. #12D6c10K2020-05-16 14:28

    Not really anything wrong with the line, just poor design with it being rigid. Any good salvage yards in the midwest where I could find the parts to convert it back to correct tank and plumbing?

  13. #13dozr2020-05-16 15:11

    head eq celina tn 800 338 5178 moore eq jackson tn 731 554 1180 blount eq hokin bock ga 800 659 3111 one of them should work

  14. #14grandpa2020-05-17 06:59

    Try Loren at 1 800 352 5804 .

  15. #15Dave Neubert2020-05-17 07:51

    I would cut the metal line and braze 2 JIC ends on it and put a hose in between