Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8K injection timing

Race5118 ยท 2020-05-10 19:32

Broke the shaft going to ther injection pump on my 8k with the d342 spacer plate engine. I have the manual and tool to reinstall the shaft in the correct position, however I do not have a top center 1&6 mark on my flywheel I only have top center 2&5 mark how do I top center in cylinder 1.

Replies6
  1. #1Bluox2020-05-10 20:57

    Bet you do you just haven't found it .Pull the nozzle on # 6 and put a long welding rod down the hole and turn the motor till the rod quits coming up and look on the flywheel. pull valve cover , if valves are loose turn 1 more rev that will be # 1. Bob

  2. #2Race51182020-05-11 02:56

    I spun it over three times couldn't find the mark pulled the front valve cover and watch the intake valve on cylinder 1 come open then closed and after some more cranking the top center 2&5 mark came up with the valves loose on #1. I was thinking if sticking a rod in the injector hole already I'll try it when I can get back to the machine.

  3. #3Race51182020-05-16 12:38

    I found it, pulled the number 6 injector.

  4. #4Bluox2020-05-16 12:56

    Besides #1 being under the air filter and a pain to get to with # 6 you can hold the rod and watch the flywheel .Rolling the engine over by hand makes much easier. Good luck with the rest of your project. Bob

  5. #5Self-Jameel2023-07-10 23:57

    And how did you take the timing from the injector pump as I was so curious working on D343T Now.gotten the TDC OF THE ENGINE BUT GAT MY HEAD SCRATCHING ON HOW TO SET THE PUMP..

  6. #6Race51182023-07-11 00:39

    There is a cat tool that sets the shaft in the right spot before you tighten the gear. I'm not familiar with the d343 though.