Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6c hydraulic psi relief?

D6Cat ยท 2020-12-28 18:57

I am having trouble with hydraulic leaks on my D6c 10k. Does it have a hydraulic pressure relief valve?

Replies5
  1. #1old-iron-habit2020-12-28 22:28

    6C m having trouble with hydraulic leaks on my D6c 10k. Does it have a hydraulic pressure relief valve?[/QUOTE] The D6D operates at 2250 PSI. It would not be higher. I'm fairly sure of that. I don't have a D6C book. Might stick a gauge on and see what you got. Over pressure usually blows something instead of just leaking.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2020-12-29 16:26

    leaks are caused by old hoses ,seals ,and packings if you had a pressure problem you would experience blown hoses, O rings

  3. #3kshansen2020-12-30 11:50

    As always a full S/N would be very important, there are several variations on 10K's just like all Cat equipment. Also as the hydraulics are often looked on as an "accessory" include the number on the tag that should be on the hydraulic tank. But like others have pointed out leaks are more likely to be from worn seals than bad relief valve. But just the same if you can give the requested number I or someone else should be able to find the information on the valve pressure and such!

  4. #4Old Magnet2020-12-30 12:44

    Pressure relief valve is in the tank. Setting is 2250 psi +/- 25 psi.

  5. #5MattR2020-12-31 19:25

    Yep. I'm just going through this right now also. It's in the tank