Hey guys, my torque converter is leaking oil from the output shaft. How do I replace that seal? I was told that I have to take the t.c. out and the seal goes in from the back side. Is that correct? That doesn't sound right to me. Dozer is a d6c 10k powershift with a 3306.
Take the drive line out and remove the bolt and washer in the middle of the flange. slide the flange out and the seal is right there, can be a pita to get out. good luck Bob
Like Bluox said you will have to pry seal our I use a big screw driver or a small pry bar if you have a angle drill you might have enough room to drill a hole and put a screw in it to pull off of
Also like I mentioned over in the "Start a conversation" thread check the yoke real good and see if it needs a speedi-sleeve to cover up any grooving. You don't really want to have to do that job twice!
Ok thanks for all help. Really appreciate it!
Let us know how it goes and post some pictures if possible! Good Luck!
dont forget the metail seal on shaft behind seal pull shaft enought to check it be carful it has lock tabs to malke it full circle it can put more presser than seal can hold.