Is there a good source of used Brush Screens for a Cat D6H sided and rear?
Best bet is a salvage yard near to you. I would get on machinery trader and look for parts suppliers by doing a p/n search within your state for any component related to the machine.
Thanks for the Tip
There are a couple of places up at Atoka, OK that make these products new. My experience with salvage parts is that it is more hassle than it's worth and if you do find what you want it's a long way away and freight charges are high. Occasionally you will see a rear screen for 6R or 6H at an auction, but you are definitely going to need one before you use your new tractor very much. I noticed from the photo that your new tractor didn't have screens. BTW, that is a good looking tractor, and the 3306 is a good engine that can be worked on or overhauled readily. Unlike that other one, the throwaway engine. (I've got one of those in a water truck; if the engine conks out the whole rig will be scrap metal, economically speaking). I don't have side screens on my 6R and have only been slapped a few times, so you could get by without them for a while maybe. But it would be better to have them, and I am thinking about fabricating some myself. Some of the aftermarket side screens won't allow access to my battery box, and I don't like that design flaw.
I made a set for a 850G, 2 sides and 2 lower front guards for about $120 in material and not much time. If you are interested I can post the site I ordered the screen material from. Cleared a couple hundred acres since having them and no problems. Ran without out screens until Operator called one day and said he would be back when screens were installed, guess he got slapped by his last locust limb. Lol
We have Honey Locust here as well black Locust, the Black are less thorny but cross pollinating ends up with more Honey Locust sprouts. Damn trees spread from roots so end up killing them allowing to dry some before dig out, at that point the thorns are like nails and brittle as glass when hit soft tissue breaking the points off. Screens are a requirement for dozing here.
A friend of mine was slapped only one time while clearing brush with a D8. He died two weeks later from the injury. He was an experienced operator. Get those guards as soon as you can.
If you are able to paint your brush screens black, it makes it much easier on your eyes looking out thru them!
Thanks for all the help, will check on new ones!
www.diamondattachments.com in Atoka,Oklahoma has nice stuff.
Diamond attachments..super nice guy and reasonable on prices!
Waiting on Quote