What happens when you try to engage the transmission into gear.? Do the sprockets move, even if it's only a hair.?
My 50 cent... There are 3 ports there , i'm talking the 3 ports in the spindle housing ...1- brake release , need press to release. 2-steer clutches need press to engage, dumps press to release. 3- lube and cooling oil. Both are same , modules are interchangeable. WIth tractor out of PRK BK at leat 2 ports shall have 28bar more or less. The lube port 2/3 bar brakes on or steerhandles fullback no press. Unless is dff steer , this case only brakes work like this. As strering is totally diff.
It’s hard to see but I know the left side sprocket try’s to move, I can’t see the other side when I engage the transmission. Yes this is a diff steer machine no steering clutch’s
If you use the diff steer handle alone after releasing the park brake do the sprockets try to move.?
Even though the book does not call for it, a mechanic locally told me I needed to oil all the disc and plates in assembly he believes it may be stuck. As they do need lubrication. I was just curious if tgeir is any testing I can do before I tear into it again that says either it’s working properly or not
I doubt if "stuck" brakes (unless the plates/discs were literally weded together) would cause the sprockets not to move. Did you check the brake lubrication pressure, or use the lubrication pressure test ports to bleed the air (if there was any) out of the brake lube circuit.?
I will try this right away this morning, what’s you thoughts about this? The more I think on it the more I don’t believe it does anything
Brake lube pressure needs to checked with them applied correct? And is that on the outside ports? Also is it suppose to be the opposite ports that have the pressure on those ?
If you have not already done it, lift up the floor plate in the cab. Observe the drive shaft when the engine is running & transmission in neutral then engage any gear. Does the drive shaft stop dead.? See pages 43 onwards of the attachment. Shouldn't matter brakes applied or not, they should have lube pressure. Post photos of the ports you are using to test pressures and compare their locations with the photos in the attachment.
Yes it stops right away as soon as it’s engaged, I have the floor still out of it
That means the transmission is engaging gears fine, so scrap that possibility.
I have the same page as you on testing pressure for brakes, where it shows the ports I, theirs 2 ports their I can’t tell which one they are pointing at but as stated in my first thread, rear port reads zero front port 400. So if you can tell which port is in that image then we can pry come up with a theory. Also where is port (G) and (H) located
So from what I gathered looking at my book again it’s the front port that is the lubricant port for the brakes on both sides, remember in my first thread I have 400 on rear and 0 on front opposite on other side could this be a issue that oil is not making it thru system?
Brake lubrication pressure specification is only 12+/-3psi, so if you are testing it with the same gauge as you test the brake pressure @ 400-ish psi you may not see any pressure because the gauge will not be that accurate so low down the scale. You probably need a gauge that reads maximum 30psi to test the lubrication system. Those are the two ports where you are supposed to be testing brake pressures. Located one on top of each brake control valve. The valves are mounted on top of the rear case and are connected to the linkages coming from the brake pedals.
I’m heading down their now yes I have a gauge on this valve. (I’ll take pic) there is only one port here! So I’m confused theirs only one brake control valve with one port. Yes I will put a smaller gauge on those ports, again why is their 2 ports on each side on the brake housing one I understand is for brake lubrication, what the other for? And why are they reading opposite on each side?
Only one brake valve with one port it’s at 415 psi with brake released and max. Rpm, foot brake applied it goes to zero
This is the left side front port is 400 psi max rpm, with foot brake applied goes to zero. Rear port is at 10 psi at max rpm
Brake control valve 400 psi max rpm, zero when foot brake applied View attachment IMG_2721.jpeg
This is right side, rear port 400 psi at max rpm zero at foot brake applied. Front port 10 psi max rpm
The hydraulic system appears to be operating correctly in that case. You even have lubrication pressure for the brakes.
It’s moving in all gears forward and reverse, i felt the brake housing after a 5 min free run no tracks on at max rpm, left side brake housing is between warm and hot, right side is normal. Could their be drag on that brake being new or should it be disassembled and checked
So both finals are turning now.? Try letting them turn for a few seconds then hit the brakes hard and release. Let the finals run a few more seconds, rinse & repeat. Maybe all it needs is the brakes applied hard a number of times then released to get them moving.
We will come back to this issue, I’m glad it’s moving operator error possibly, the problem I have at this moment is I got ahead of myself and didn’t realize the hydraulic tank was almost empty, topped the hydraulics off and have no hydraulics anywhere on machine! I’m guessing I have it air locked how do I prime the pump/ system?
Also Hooked my pressure gauge to the pump at it reads zero at max rpm with full of hydraulic oil!
I would pull the breather valve off the top of the hydraulic tank and put an air line in it. Then anything up to 5psi will push the oil into the pump suction.
There u go, brakes releasimg fine. Remember that final units are interchangeable. U said u have no motion with tractor in neutral when actuate the pivot function? And no motion with GB engaged? Really weird!!!
This just gets worse, I’m having no luck getting the hydraulics to work
Any ideas on how to get hydraulic function back anywhere? I tried putting air pressure in the tank didn’t have a gauge on it but 5psi is pretty easy with a towel and air hose with 60psi in air tank. I feel I hurt the pump, some other gentlemen around here don’t believe that is the case. I have no hydraulics anywhere they believe it’s air locked some how. I took a testing port plug out on the side of pump to see if their was oil and their was but not a lot but a a steady little stream. A reminder which shouldn’t matter when i did the brake assembly on the left side I pulled the steering unit as well meaning I did remove steering motor and counter balance so all the oil was removed from the system. Gonna let it set overnight hopefully it fixes itself but pry not!
I also read thru my books a bit if I understand it correctly one of the first places oil goes is to some pistons and barrels which is controlled by a swash plate? If this is a zero then no oil/ pressure will accumulate? As far a looked into so far