Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6K CODES

HARMONAUTO · 2023-02-15 17:52

HELLO HAVE A 2017 D6K SER# EL700199 HAS CODES THAT KEEP COMING UP ON DISPLAY SCREEN 296-9 TRANSMISSION CONTROL AND CODE 596-9 IMPLEMENT CONTROL, SLOPE CONTROL READINGS ARE STARRED OUT AND SOME GAUGES DONT HAVE THE NEEDELS SHOWING, DASH IS DIGITAL, HAVE LOOKED AT FUSES AND CHK FOR OBVIOUS THINGS BUT DONT SEE ANYTHING CAN ANYONE GIVE ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.

Replies18
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-02-15 18:14

    Please don't use all caps. It's considered yelling.

  2. #2Nige2023-02-15 18:43

    Wot Dave said. There's no need to shout........... 296-9 is the transmission ECM not communicating with the Engine ECM. 596-9 is the Implement ECM not communicating with the Monitor System. I assume you went into the Diagnostics Menu of the monitor to find those Codes.? Was there an "X" in the RH column of the display for both of them to indicate they were Active.? Before we get too deep into this, how good are you with electrics.? Because there is going to be some fairly detailed electrical testing to be done in the CAN Datalink to figure out where the fault lies.

  3. #3HARMONAUTO2023-02-16 09:03

    Sorry for the all caps. I pulled the codes up with cat et they are active, the dozer does move forwards and backwards and the blade does move, it has the ripper option but do not have that implement so i dont know if that works. I have a repair shop mainly work on cars and trucks, this dozer belongs to me that is why we are trying to fix. Are there any wiring diagrams available thanks for the response.

  4. #4Nige2023-02-16 11:03

    You have ET. That's good because it makes the troubleshooting easier. I'll send you the procedures for both Codes and an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your messages.

  5. #5HARMONAUTO2023-02-16 18:56

    Nige i sure do appreciate your response and time to help i will take this and start trying to figure it out i will let you know what i find thanks again

  6. #6Nige2023-02-16 19:04

    Please post any questions you might have back here. Also give please feedback on what you find and what the solution was in order to help others who might be in your position in the future.

  7. #7Dave19622024-10-21 05:04

    I have a D6K LGP 2010 with an active code E232(1) coming up on dash with light on have fitted new filter but still keeps bring up fault after running for a few minutes

  8. #8Nige2024-10-21 05:22

    Post a Serial Number please. Unfortunately "D6K LGP 2010" doesn't mean anything when it comes to locating information & troubleshooting procedures.

  9. #9Dave19622024-10-21 05:37

    Hi sorry bad to see but I think it’s DHA00492

  10. #10Nige2024-10-21 05:50

    If that number is correct then the machine was actually manufactured in September 2007, not 2010......... At the sensor check that you have 12v between Pins 1 & 2 with the key ON. It might also pay you to check continuity on wire H451-GN as far as the engine control. I'll send you an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your message inbox.

  11. #11Dave19622024-10-21 06:29

    I have no power at pins 1and2

  12. #12Nige2024-10-21 07:18

    You will need to use the electrical schematic to locate the pins on the engine control that supply the water-in-fuel sensoor and check whether you have 12v coming out of the control. Do it with the sensor disconnected, just in case a sensor fault is pulling the voltage down.

  13. #13Dave19622024-10-21 07:22

    I have power to the box on back of filter head part number CAT178-2335-00 but very little at pins 1 and 2 to bottom of filter do you think this is the trouble I have?

  14. #14Nige2024-10-21 08:02

    Sorry I didn't explain myself correctly. You should have 12v between Pins 1 & 2 of the 4-pin connector with the key ON, which I think you do. You will not measure any voltage between Pins 1 & 2 of the 2-pin connector. I think there is an update on the liquid level switch that fits onto the bottom of the fuel/water separator bowl. I will try to run down the details. After that you should check continuity between Pin 3 of the 4-pin connector and Pin 49 of connector J2 on the engine control.

  15. #15Nige2024-10-21 08:19

    Actually I came across something that may be even better. Attached is a procedure for troubleshooting the water-in-fuel sensor. Go through this step by step and see what turns up.

  16. #16Dave19622024-10-21 08:27

    Have got continuity on the wire

  17. #17Nige2024-10-21 08:32

    I assume you're talking about wire H451 Green. Go to the troubleshooting procedure in that case.

  18. #18Nige2024-10-23 03:53

    So what was the final score on this one.?