Hey guys, I was wondering if you can help me with few questions regarding replacing undercarriage of d9r. - what is the proper way to lift the bulldozer and uninstall the undercarriage? (Single & double rollers, idlers, recoil spring, track group, etc..) I feel like lifting the dozer with the bucket and ripper is not satisfactory, considering we’ll work under equipment. - what is the main reason of leakage from pivot shaft seal from the side, leaking almost each 6mo to 1yr? considering I’m replacing those seals from after market supplier as the CAT triple the price. - what is the reason for equalizer bar bearing, pins, being damaged? Harsh operating conditions? Last but not least, I wanna thank you for being a great community helping each other.
To me it seems if you have a D9R you would have a lot of work for it so could budget for when it needs parts and repairs. If you lift the machine block it up with heavy timbers. Best is if you can pull the track frames but is a pretty big job on a D9R.