Not real exciting but thought I would post pics from this week.
Are you OK with boring the 2 main pin bores separately, 2 holes at a time..? Personally I think I would prefer to bore all 4 holes at the same time to maintain alignment so long as I had a boring bar long enough to do it. I realise that the dozer blade pin bores are not super critical like a loader articulation hitch but I'd still be more comfortable doing all 4 holes with a longer bar.
Would like to but don't have the long bar made yet. Turned out good all back together. Not a fan of the bearing setup for the blade.
Yair . . . Nige, nowing75 . Does that style of inner push arm/"C" frame actually mount to extensions on the main frame? Cheers.
The reason I asked is that one time I got a call from one of our guys out on site trying to install a loader bucket. He could get one of the lower pins in no problem but the other one would only just enter and then bind up. He tried installing the 2nd pin first and it went all the way in but then the pin that went in good the first time would only just enter and bind up. Sound familiar..? Long story short we sent a long boring bar up there and found that although the axis for each pair of bores for the two lower pins was parallel there was a difference of about 3mm between the axis of one pair of bores and the axis of the other pair. Turns out the contractor who had reworked the bucket had only used a short bar and machined the bores as 2 pairs, failing spectacularly the get the 4 pin holes all aligned on the same axis ........... Scrub, the C frame mounts direct to the frame of the tractor. The mounts for the C frame and the dozer lift cylinders are ringed in red.
Yes there is 2 lugs coming down from the frame. The blade just has a big bearing in the center and they tend to crack. Plus I think lac of grease did not help.we have a d6k and it has the same bearing and it has failed