Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6n warning light

KWhauling ยท 2024-08-13 18:28

Can somebody tell me what this light is for it starts flashing at high RPMs on my d6n caterpillar cck00666 if you use the decelerator it goes out if you shut the machine off and let it sit for several minutes and start it back up it won't go on right away thanks Kevin

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2024-08-13 22:37

    Plugged hydraulic filter. You really should get yourself a manual for basic stuff like this.

  2. #2KWhauling2024-08-14 06:38

    I just changed all the filters less then 50 hours ago would you happen to know which filter is the transmission filter ?? Location ? There are 3 different hydraulic filters thanks kevin

  3. #3KWhauling2024-08-14 06:58

    I knew it was a pressure light I just wasn't sure if it was hydraulic transmission or engine thank you very much Kevin

  4. #4Nige2024-08-14 07:03

    I can't figure out why you are asking about the transmission filter location when the warning you are seeing is for the implement hydraulic filter.......... The implement hydraulic filter is in the top of the hydraulic tank, the cover is about 6" away from the tank cap. Nothing to do with pressure. It's indicating a blocked filter. Back to my earlier comment about a manual. You can download one from HERE for $52. Just put SEBU7417 in the box and click search. You'll have it in 5 minutes or less.

  5. #5Nige2024-08-14 07:05

    Take out the one you put in to the hydraulic tank and inspect it. Do you see anything strange.? Did you install OEM or will-fit filters.?

  6. #6KWhauling2024-08-14 07:34

    I know there was three filters on that machine I just changed all three of them one is in the tank it's basically a metal screen filter that actually sits in the tank then there's another hydraulic filter next to the tank and there's also a hydraulic filter it says in the engine compartment last time I had problems with a light I'm not exactly sure which one it was it was the transmission filter was blocked I don't use this machine a whole lot and there's less than 50 hours on his filters the reason I was asking where the transmission one was I wanted to make sure I got the right one changed or I'll just change both of them. So the filter you're talking about is the one that's in the tank not the spin on

  7. #7KWhauling2024-08-14 07:37

    All cat filters

  8. #8Nige2024-08-14 08:29

    OK, so the filters are as follows: - 1. Spin-on inside the engine compartment - steering charge filter. 2. Inside hydraulic tank - implement hydraulic filter. See attachment # .This is NOT a screen, its a filter. Part Number 1R-0777. 3. Behind the access door at the rear of the machine - transmission filter. Again all this info is in the manual.......

  9. #9Cliffy2024-08-14 23:52

    Maybe check your invoice, you may of installed ultra high efficiency filters?