Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6t

grunk36 ยท 2008-11-01 13:45

me pushing dirt ohhhh that sweet sound of pure cat power:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI0KjaXbGSM

Replies19
  1. #1DPete2008-11-01 15:57

    Runs pretty good on it's side

  2. #2grunk362008-11-01 16:24

    yeah i know but filmed it with my cellphone and somehow it ended up sideways:Bangheadnot that easy to film when your operating the machine too hope to get someone to film for me on of the days but anyway nothing beats the sound of the new T model:notworthy

  3. #3reddog8482008-11-01 16:26

    I've gotta have one of those seat belts. What kind of injectors are good for running like that?????:beatsme Reddog848

  4. #4grunk362008-11-01 16:30

    who said dozers couldnt run on steep slopes ointhead ointhead

  5. #5Deas Plant2008-11-01 20:25

    Take your lunch too?????? Hi, Grunk36. I hope you took your lunch with you too. That seems like one long push to me. Was it interstate? And does your phone have much memory left now? Some of the later footage even seems to be appraoching beng Chinese - Ah Sup. I think that if you hold your phone at the right angle, i.e., vertical, the photo/video will come out at the right angle too.

  6. #6grunk362008-11-02 01:53

    hi deas yeah i have to push rather long right here because during the week i have trucks hauling in dirt and i just pile it up so the trucks can keep on coming but when the trucks stop in the evening and like now in the weekend i push the dirt in where it should be and shapes it with the gps sometimes theres long to push other times its short the conditions of the dirt does that its impossible for anything but the dozer to drive in it i think your right about the phone cause i held it upright i think if i hold it on the side it should be allright i think i could film ten films like this and still have memory left by the way its a golf course in copenhagen made by ron kirby have a nice day

  7. #7Deas Plant2008-11-02 02:39

    Long pushes. Hi, Grunk36. I know what you are saying about the long pushes. I recently had a job where conditions were similar - the trucks could only get so far into the site and had to dump where they could. I was trying to push it out with a Cat 943 track loader. As the push got longer I had more trouble keeping up. But then it all fell apart when the ground underneath turned to soup due to the traffic over it and I couldn't even drive across with the track loader, let alone push anything ahead of me. They had to bring in a 33-ton Hyundai (high-n-dry) excavator to throw the incoming material into a stockpile behind it and then drag it out into the fill area when the trucks had finished. The poor little 943 with its narrow tracks and heavy loader just couldn't cope. I did get out there several WEEKS later when it had all dried out a bit to shape and trim it. It still had some damp spots in it but at least I could drive all over it without disappearing. Having a spreader bar to use with the 4-in-2 bucket helped a lot too. A golf course? In Copenhagen? Do they plan on setting up fog lighting and selling hi-vis golf balls? LOL. Thanks for sharing.

  8. #8Sparffo2008-11-02 02:46

    Grunk! you pushed soo far that you probabbly crossed the german boarder But man the D6 has a nice voice! :drinkup

  9. #9Sparffo2008-11-02 03:00

    I have a hard time thinking that the 943 couldn't keep up... *still in love, and remebering those 15mins of 943* sounds like you would have needed a dozer also! or at least a 963LGP with a wide bucket. but at least here in Finland we have sunlight 24/7 in the midsummer!!:cool2:cool2 some of my friends from Italy was pretty amazed when they experienced that the first time some years ago there came a special mechanic from USA to disamble a machine here, we asked how long days he is used to work, he said "usually i work from sun rise to sun set..." we were thinkin that he was a quite tuff guy, workin 24/7 he didn't do it after all...

  10. #10Deas Plant2008-11-02 03:37

    Couldn't keep up. Hi, Sparffo. It was a combination of bogging down in wet material and the long pushes that made it impossible to keep up in that situation. A standard-tracked track loader will pretty much never stay with a similar sized dozer in wet going. They are too heavy for their track area. An LGP 963 MIGHT have handled it. ????????????????????????????????????????????? At other times on that same job, I was spreading for 5 x 10 cu. yd tandem-drive tippers being loaded by a 33-ton excavator AND a 21 ton excavator and having no trouble keeping but that was on firm ground with good material - and a spreader bar. CB radio helped to keep the trucks dumping where I wanted them as well - sometimes, truckies being truckies. LOL.

  11. #11OCR2008-11-02 04:29

    Looooong pushes. Ok, ok, ok... Now just who on this BB... do you think might hold the record for a continuous long push?....... .......................... :lmao If record is the right word. Nifty picture/vid for a cell phone though grunk36. What type steering does a D6t have? OCR

  12. #12Deas Plant2008-11-02 05:05

    Longest push?????????? Hi, OCR. Can a dilapidated old fossil put it in a bid here? I promise I'll start the bidding off well. How does 1.8 miles sound? Point 9 of a mile each way. pushing a loaded truck into a site and then pushing it back out empty. Maybe not a continuous push but the same veee-hickle, even if unloaded on the return journey. Dry, soft, floury coast-hill sand, up a ridge and along the top to his destination, a wind generator site, and then back out again the same way. A Cat D7F was the toy. Why push it instead of pulling it? We broke the only chain available in the first 15 yards up onto the ridge top and he had a real good under-run bar at the back of his truck. They started gravelling the 'road' the next day.

  13. #13RocksnRoses2008-11-02 05:14

    What about pushing a scrub rake, average 10 - 25 kilometres in a straight line, does that qualify, it wasn't me, but I was there? Rn'R.

  14. #14Deas Plant2008-11-02 05:27

    Hmmmmmmmmm????????????? Hi, R-n-R. Was that on siesmic exploration, by some chance. I had forgotten about that. I did a bit of it when I was a few 'weeks' younger than I am now. 10 to 20 mile runs were not uncommon although I seem to remember that the longest I did was about 15 miles, and it had to be in a straight line too. An almost brand new stick-shift D7E with a hydraulic semi-U blade and a logging winch. You had to turn off every so often to dump the scrub and dirt in front of your blade so, for the purists, it may not qualify as a 'continous' push but they were sure some long runs.

  15. #15OCR2008-11-02 05:37

    Looooong push: Well that is a fair jaunt Deas, But I'm talking pushing dirt... and one way... Little hint: Do ya' smell smoke?............ Now about that record push.... :cool2 OCR....

  16. #16RocksnRoses2008-11-02 05:54

    I had the opportunity to spend some time on a cattle station in the Territory last year where they are fencing the whole station into paddocks and laying water right through the station. Using GPS they gridded the station into four kilometre wide strips which range between 5 - 25 kilometres long. They had a Komatsu 475 with a 45 foot scrub rake fitted, clearing the cut, using GPS, then I was on a pipe laying crew with another contractor with a D10 following, then fencers came in and fenced it. I spent a couple of hours on the Komatsu, but unfortunately the Holman rake wasn't attached to the blade very well and it kept coming loose, station maintainance isn't that good, but I camped with the chap who was operating it. He cleared 350 - 400 kilometres of line last year and it is all happening again this year, but we are a bit too busy here, so I didn't go up. I shouldn't be hijacking Grunk's thread, it probaly would make an interesting thread of it's own. Rn'R.

  17. #17grunk362008-11-02 08:03

    it has the differential steering and dual hydraulic pumps the best D6 cat has made so far:notworthy

  18. #18grunk362008-11-02 14:51

    new video this time with the right side up:drinkup:drinkup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur-iPLelono

  19. #19grunk362008-11-02 14:55

    hi deas yeah actually we built a lot of golfcourses here in denmark working together with shapers from usa here in copenhagen we have two guys from texas i think i have tryed our trackloader went out clearing an old sandpit for trees and getting the slopes ready for filling with dirt i was very impressed how powerful that little thing is the one we have is an 953c i think