Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T Engine ECM

awrepair · 2026-04-17 11:53

I've got a D6T LAY968. Engine died in the middle of pushing. Not able to see the engine ECM on the laptop. The fuse is good. How do I troubleshoot the ECM? I dont have a schematic. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies12
  1. #1Nige2026-04-17 12:06

    Does the laptop show any diagnostic codes, especially anything relating to a lack of communication between ECMs.?

  2. #2awrepair2026-04-17 12:35

    030 0248.02 I'm seeing some active codes for blade tilt right side and left side solenoid valves and a code for control lever position sensor. This machine does not have that type of joy stick on it. It has a regular old pilot operated joystick. Not sure whats going on with these type of codes.

  3. #3Nige2026-04-17 12:43

    That’s the key. Does it have an Implement ECM.? If so I wonder if it has the wrong software in it, or was maybe pulled off another machine that was set up differently.? Sorry I can’t help you more than that because my computer is down and I cannot access service information, which includes schematics and troubleshooting procedures. EDIT: See this link. The troubleshooting procedure uploaded to that thread should work for your machine as well. Note the comment regarding the Datalink comms wires being a twisted pair. HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4awrepair2026-04-17 12:54

    It does not have an ECM for the hydraulics. What's your thoughts on a harness code plug?

  5. #5Nige2026-04-17 15:44

    Without access to info it’s hard to comment. I just got word that MAYBE I’ll get the computer back tomorrow lunchtime. If that actually happens I may be in a better position to offer advice.

  6. #6awrepair2026-04-17 16:32

    Thanks for helping me with this. Have a good day

  7. #7Nige2026-04-17 18:07

    On the assumption that I’m going to be back up and running tomorrow why not list all the other Codes you mentioned for blade tilt.

  8. #8John C.2026-04-17 20:31

    I have a video that shows how to get into the diagnostics menu on a D8T. Click on the link below and let me know if this is the dash monitor that you have.

  9. #9awrepair2026-04-17 22:04

    The 6T monitor is different.

  10. #10awrepair2026-04-17 22:05

    I'll get the codes listed.

  11. #11awrepair2026-04-21 08:01

    Good Morning, Here's the active codes.PID:247FMI:9, PID:1934FMI:5, PID:1870 FMI:3, PDI:1933 FMI:13, PDI:590 FMI:9, PDI:248 FMI:2. Its got a lot going on. Not sure where to start. Thanks for your help.

  12. #12awrepair2026-05-22 10:22

    Just a follow up on the D6T. It had to have a new ecm. All is well. Thanks for your help.