Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T XL Dozer Fuel Rail Pressure Leak

Justin98 ยท 2020-12-22 16:48

CAT D6T XL Dozer Serial - GMK0153 This code popped up E499-3. I see no external leaks. How should I proceed to determine what caused this code. Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2020-12-22 18:42

    Here's the Troubleshooting Procedure but it requires Cat ET so unless you have that it's a job for the dealer. At least you ought to be able to stand over the tech and know what he's doing.

  2. #2Justin982020-12-23 14:53

    I went out to the machine today and it is skipping and is really sluggish about a fast idol. I am leaning to thinking the high pressure pump is going out. Any new thoughts with these symptoms? The company is suppose to buy ETech the first of the year. Thanks.

  3. #3Nige2020-12-23 15:33

    Unless it has any new codes the only thing I can suggest is have the existing code troubleshot correctly by someone with ET, whether that's the dealer or an independent.

  4. #4rmllarue912021-01-03 16:17

    Does it start normal ? Is it worse the more it runs ? Is supply fuel sufficient?