Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHC 500 dozer

mopar ยท 2020-12-21 22:35

can anyone tell me if the tracks are the same, i mean rails and all on a TD-5 IHC as the 500 IHC dozer?

Replies7
  1. #1epirbalex2020-12-22 22:12

    They would be close , when I bought the TD5 I had in '79 the salesman mentioned that alot of the spare tracks had been sold to be used on one of the Oliver tractors reducing the supply for the little inters . Big mistake as the TD5's were a clever little dozer . At that time to replace bottom rollers a plate had to be welded over the gap were standard rollers were bolted on and bolts running horizontally on the replacement 1000 hr sealed for life rollers . It follows that there may be Oliver tractors sitting around with tracks that may be able to do what you need . A lot has changed in the track market since then and you may be able to find new tracks to fit cheaply .

  2. #2lantraxco2020-12-23 22:13

    If I recall correctly from 25 or so years ago when I sold replacement undercarriage in a former life, the 500 tracks were damn near unobtanium even back then. Hope you have better luck!

  3. #3epirbalex2020-12-27 04:19

    Have you thought of having a look at small digger tracks for it .

  4. #4terry reagin2020-12-27 22:51

    Can anyone give me an over oew of int. 500 dozer. I'm going to buy one and rebuild it to use around the farm.

  5. #5terry reagin2020-12-27 22:52

    View by

  6. #6terry reagin2020-12-27 22:53

    I want to get a complete service manual if you know where

  7. #7mopar2020-12-28 01:44

    thanks for all the info