Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7E hydraulic ?

chickenminer · 2025-05-15 01:45

I've got a D7E 48A 68XX . Old girl just started giving me trouble with the blade. When I lift the blade up and put it in hold position, one corner instantly drops. So for some reason the one hyd cylinder isn't holding. When I put down pressure on the blade all is fine. Is the issue more likely in the cylinder or the spool inside the tank ? The blade corner drops so fast I don't think it's the seal inside the cylinder.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2025-05-15 10:06

    I think it has to be the cylinder. If it was the control inside the tank both cylinders would be dropping when you release the blade control lever.

  2. #2pittsburgh cat man2025-05-15 10:16

    Sounds like nut is loose on rod

  3. #3chickenminer2025-05-15 11:46

    Ok, boy over the years I've had plenty of cylinders leak off but this one acts like nothing I've run into before! I'll pull the cylinder and see what I see. Appreciate the input!

  4. #4HarleyHappy2025-05-16 06:49

    If it’s the nut, be prepared for an expensive fix!