For those that have owned or ran both standard and extended frame D7R's what is the difference in them or is it so slight that there is minimal or no difference? Just bought a 7R with extended frame bare back to replace my 8H and I have not had a chance to run it yet.
I'm curious if you know what your new 7R weighs. I'm looking at some and was wondering about the weight.
I have not had it across a scale yet and I'm curious as well. All the info I can find says 55,000 lbs.
I bought a D7R the other day so I'm hoping someone else can shed some info on them as well. It's supposed to be weighed when delivered. I'm excited to get it home but I'll have to look at it until spring when it thaws out, -17 is what they're calling for Saturday night.
Man, You guys in the banana belt always miss the really cold weather.
Its cold enough to make men realize they have nipples too! I actually don't mind the cold, its when I have to go out in it that I don't like it.
I'm not much for that below zero stuff at all. I was out in the cold yesterday, 12 degrees F when I started working, 24 degrees when I finished. I've been told there isn't much difference once temperature goes below freezing but I can tell you I felt a big difference between 12 and 24. The nice part of it is you can crawl around all day long and not get wet.
Mark
So what is a XW machine? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Extra Wide...
Ya, I'm not liking the below 0° temps. Thanks Mark250 for the explanation of track configurations. I'm just wondering what to expect from the XR configuration vs. standard while dozing or if it would be noticeably different since it is for more of a drawbar advantage. Maybe I will have to hook it up to my 463 scraper and see what it can do?
I did a quick check on machinery trader and found 49 D7R XR and 1 D7R XL that was doubtful that it was an XL. There were something like 90 D6R XL and no D6R XR listed. I'm curious as to why there would be no D7 XL's and lots of D6 XL's. Same with the XR's. It's something I've noticed before but never had a good moment to inquire as to why. Could someone shed some light?
They delivered my D7R today, I don't know if they pulled across a scale but the salesman said 57000 lbs. I drove it around the yard and I can tell already it's more nimble then my old D7E military.
Seems like that in this part of the country, the D7 series fell in popularity when they got too big to be hauled on a 5 axle rig when fitted with a winch or a ripper or a heavy V shear blade or rake blade. If you've got to upgrade to a 3 axle lowboy, you might as well get a D8K or later and have a real workhorse. I'm not saying that the D7 tractors don't have their place, but my D6R will outwork my D7E, using less fuel and with the 7 roller XL configuration it produces far superior work. I suppose it all depends on your application, but the 6R and 6T sure do seem to be the right size for us small dirt and timber contractors with multiple job profiles. The big timber contractors use D8s, and the the big highway and civil contractors use a lot of D5Ks and D6Ks for dirt work. Maybe that's why there aren't many D7s on Machinery Trader.
I was wondering why the d7 doesn't exist in an XL configuration, and the d6 doesn't exist in an XR configuration.
Bullcat, have you had a chance to use your d7r yet? I put the sweeps on mine and changed the air fuel control device today and played with it for a half hour. It was in a pile of sticky muck that my old d7e had it's hands full in. I was able to roll dirt in second gear, the old one would push dirt in second gear but would only roll it in first. I'm thinking I'm going to like the cab. My helper wanted to ride in it.