Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nice D8R

nicky 68a ยท 2016-12-11 09:36

Here is a pic of a D8R that I bought this summer. The actual pic dates back to 2002. I will add some pics of it up to the present day

Replies7
  1. #1nicky 68a2016-12-11 09:41

    Here is the same tractor in July of this year just before it went to auction. It doesn't look much,but I did a lot of research on this particular tractor with the Finnings (which carried out all of the major works on it). I also worked with the forman fitter 20 years previously briefly and got the lowdown on it. .

  2. #2nicky 68a2016-12-11 09:59

    This is the same tractor today.

  3. #3nicky 68a2016-12-11 10:10

    Since buying it in July it's only done 2 jobs on the blade.No ripping as yet,but I have a few little jobs in the pipeline

  4. #4nicky 68a2016-12-11 10:38

    According to Finnings,back in January this year,Finnings fitted a complete new undercarriage,equaliser bar,pivot bar and seals,an in frame engine rebuild and various new hoses. The power train coupling was also replaced. For some reason,they also replaced the cannons and all new bogies were fitted.I don't know why as the company that Finnings leased it to was bankrupt at the time. They also fitted it with new door handles,catches and rubbers.The sliding side window frames were also replaced. All sorts of money was spent on this tractor for some reason before it was released back to the mining company that was in receivership. It worked about 6 months after the work was carried out before I bought it. For some reason,it wasn't painted and I can't find any history on the tranny and finals,allthough the steering and brakes were done at the same time the rest of the work was carried out. It was also fitted with new cutting edges.The ripper tip and shank tector were replaced in 2005!. It obviously hasn't done a lot of ripping. It was purchased brand new at Finnings UK by UK coal and remained with them until they went bust. I have had it working 12 hour shifts running a pack of 777 dumptrucks and it runs perfect with no apparent issues. It will have an easy life with me,as I only put around 500 hours on the D8's.

  5. #5CM19952016-12-11 11:54

    Nice tractor Nicky, congrats!

  6. #6td25c2016-12-11 12:57

    Looks like a real sweet tractor !

  7. #7Dickjr.2016-12-11 13:05

    Looks nice , I've never been on anything any bigger than a D7F. I'd like to crawl up on one of these one day.