Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7R Dozer

Andre van Greunen · 2019-09-01 03:44

Hi all Does anybody have a hydraulic schematic for D7R dozer S/N DSH00189 non electronic transmission. Schematic must be for the transmission hydraulics?

Replies38
  1. #1Nige2019-09-01 03:52

    See attachment. This is for DSH00189. It may look a bit odd but it was the best I could do to get the schematic to fit on one page.

  2. #2Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 03:56

    Hi Nigel Im back in the Congo. Can you please mail me the schematic. [email protected]

  3. #3Nige2019-09-01 04:07

    Done.

  4. #4Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 04:12

    Ok got the schematic. Looks like the correct one. The internet not very good here. The downloading for files take long. Do you have a schematic for the transmission control valve? I think the control valve is bypassing. No pressure on the line to the parkbrake. DSH90189 non electronic.

  5. #5Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 04:14

    Youre a star!! Thanks a lot!!!

  6. #6Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 05:02

    I got the schematics thanks. On the transmission valve block. Refering to nmb 9, on my machine it does not have a priority valve or a plate to remove. There is no cavity for a valve Just thinking if it is correct?

  7. #7Nige2019-09-01 06:45

    That's the Prioirty Valve (circled). Ref #8, Part Number 315-9965.

  8. #8Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 07:28

    My priority valve does not accommodate a plate with 2 bolts, spring and valve. Its blank not machined

  9. #9Nige2019-09-01 07:34

    Is there a Part Number cast on to the body of the "valve" that you have installed.?

  10. #10Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 07:43

    Thats what was installed

  11. #11Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 08:14
  12. #12Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 08:15

    DSH00189

  13. #13Nige2019-09-01 10:40

    Again, transmission Serial Number (from the data plate on the transmission) rather than from the data plate in the cab.

  14. #14Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 11:45

    Unfortunatey there is no data plate on the transmission. I checked propably missing in action

  15. #15Nige2019-09-01 12:19

    Nothing stamped on the housing where the data plate should be.? Maybe a silly question but was the transmission that is installed in the tractor right now previously installed in the same tractor, or did it come from somewhere else.? I'm coming up a blank on that 8E-4901 Part Number on the valve body in your photo.

  16. #16Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 13:03

    I was told this machine was working then it stopped moving. The CAT guys was called to the machine to teoubleshoot. He said it was beake seals which was then replaced on both sides. Still no improvement. Then pressures were checked which was low. Eventually the transmission, torque converter and pump was sent to me. I resealed the transmission and changed clutch 5 plates. Also opened the valveblock and cleaned it. A new pump was provided. The technician of my client fitted all back. He removed the driveshafts to make sure the transmission is turning. Also priority valve pressure was shimmed to 365psi. Still the machine will not move. Thats where we currently are sitting. From there I joined the forum where I got valuable info from you. I dont understand why there is no brakepressure if priority valve press reading is 365psi? The housing bolted to the rear of the valveblock could have beenswopped...Im not sure

  17. #17Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 13:10

    Unfortunately thereis no one at the machine to recheck for a transmission serial number. Will only be able to do that in a weeks time.

  18. #18Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 13:17

    After assembly of the transmission I used air to check all the clutches are engaging with the valveblock off. This is pointing to the valveblock which could be bypassing or the incorrect priority valve housing fitted on the back of the valveblock. The piping is correct as per the schematic

  19. #19Nige2019-09-01 13:55

    I know it might be a silly question based on your location, but is there any possibility that you might be able to get hold of the correct 315-9965 Part Number of Priority Valve just for a test.? I'll be honest, I've never worked on a 7R before, so I have no way of knowing what should or shouldn't be installed on that Trans Ctrl Valve, only what the book says should be installed on it, which is what you see below. Is there any sort of orifice in the body of the valve in your photo that could generate pressure as part of the Priority valve function.?

  20. #20Andre van Greunen2019-09-01 15:16

    We have Congo Equipment CAT here. I can reccommend the customer to buy the priority valve. To borrow a valve I know of one machine but its working 24/7, no chance of getting it to test. Thanks for all your help. I will keep you posted

  21. #21Mark2502019-09-01 18:43

    Hi, make sure that the linkage assembly is selecting neutral at the transmission before you start otherwise the transmission will stay in neutral Have you checked the park brake and the brake linkage to make sure they are correct where did you shim the priority valve?

  22. #22Andre van Greunen2019-09-02 05:06

    The linkages has been adjusted to the book procedures. Priority valve has been adjusted with shims at the rear of the valveblock. There is no priority valve in the bellcrank where the likages connect

  23. #23Andre van Greunen2019-09-02 05:07

    Pressure 362 psi

  24. #24Nige2019-09-02 06:14

    Andre, post those two photos that you emailed to me showing the views of the "Priority Valve" on your transmission control valve. It has no spool, springs, shims, or cover plate in it, in other words items 1-4, 7, 9 & 10 on the illustration. The Cat Part Number on the body is 8E-4901, not 6T-2307 as shown in SIS. I can find no trace of the 8E number anywhere. It looks like a Priority Valve at first glance but unless it works in a way that I can't fathom it doesn't look like the right one, but it fits correctly.

  25. #25Andre van Greunen2019-09-02 11:50

    Hi Nige Any success with the priority valve. Which one is correct?

  26. #26Nige2019-09-02 12:52

    I have no more information. According to the book it should be one with a spool, spring, etc, in it like the illustration in my post @ 2:55pm yesterday. As I requested above please upload those 2 photos of the valve that you emailed to me a couple of days ago so Mark250 can have a look at them to see if he recognizes it.

  27. #27Nige2019-09-13 05:33

    The OP has asked me to post some photos, but first let's remind our viewers of what (according to SIS anyway) the Priority Valve should look like.

  28. #28Nige2019-09-13 05:35

    And this is what he has installed. Does anyone recognize this..? I drew a blank with the 8E-4801 number on the casting. According to SIS it's a track shoe...……. the manufacturing date code on it (02 03 2011) ties in with the tractor being built in early 2012. So the assumption is that it's original. Mark, have you got anything from an STMG maybe that might shed light on this..?

  29. #29Nige2019-09-13 05:37

    More photos ……. With no "guts" I can't see how it can possibly work as a Priority Valve. It's no more than a manifold IMHO, but never having personally worked on a D7R I have no more info than what the manual gives.

  30. #30Mobiltech2019-09-13 09:49

    I’m at a loss to understand how it can work without the priority valve as sis shows it. Can you follow the line from the filter housing to the transmission inlet to see if the is another priority valve inline.

  31. #31Cmark2019-09-13 13:39

    Your manifold is an 8E5128 originally fitted to, amongst other things, D8R 7XM prefix. Sys op is SENR8325. Why it's inside a DSH I have no idea.

  32. #32Nige2019-09-13 13:57

    Thank you kind sir. The fog may be clearing a little…………. Quite why the manifold has a Part Number of 8E-5128 yet the casting number is an apparently genuine 8E-4801 (which according to SIS is a track shoe) is a nice little curve ball from somewhere just to ***k with us. Amongst other info that the OP sent to me was the S/N of the transmission that is installed in this tractor and it's the original (S/N JNA00197) from the As Shipped consist of machine DSH00189, although that doesn't in any way guarantee that it's the same now as it was when it left the factory. I wonder if someone in a repair/rebuild shop somewhere has been playing fast and loose with "mixing & matching" parts in order to rebuild a transmission, or had more than one tranny on the floor at the same time and simply forgot what parts they removed from which one...?

  33. #33Cmark2019-09-13 14:13

    Not that it makes any difference, but I read the number on the manifold as 8E4901.

  34. #34Nige2019-09-13 15:22

    I tried that one as well...…….

  35. #35d9gdon2019-09-13 17:40

    8E-4901 shows up as a Cat manifold in google searches, and on Off Road Equipments parts system so I guess they're reading the casting number as the part number which we know is actually 8E-5128. I don't see how it wound up in the D7R's transmission though. Somebody did a little engineering on their own...

  36. #36Nige2019-09-21 05:13

    Update for anyone interested. The problem of the brakes not releasing was down to a failure of the steel tube inside the rear frame case that takes oil from the Proportional Valve to the flange on the side of the case feeding the LH brake as per the photo & sketch below. Not a very common failure.

  37. #37Cmark2019-09-21 06:50

    So, just for clarity, are we saying that the (missing?) priority valve wasn't causing the problem? Or it was two problems combined, ie. priority valve AND broken tube?

  38. #38Nige2019-09-21 08:13

    I dunno for sure. The function of the Priority valve is to ensure that steering and braking systems are functional before the transmission control valve receives oil. Maybe that wrong manifold instead of a Priority Valve could have been somewhat masking the problem because instead of dumping everything out of the split brake tube in an attempt to get the brakes off (leading to no oil to the transmission control valve) a certain amount of oil would actually have been going to the transmission when it shouldn't have if a Priority valve had been there. So I guess the transmission might have be engaging, thus pointing the finger firmly at the brakes and masking one of the root causes of the problem in addition to the split tube, the lack of the correct Priority Valve.