Good morning to you all. I have a question that’s occurred to me recently after 30 odd years of buying undercarriage parts. During receant purchases of D8T and D9T idlers,the front and rear idlers are prices differently and appear to be the same. I randomly bought a D9 idler during lockdown that fitted perfectly.I hadn’t given a part number,I just asked for a ‘D9T’ idler. I bought some more D8T idlers yesterday to keep for a rainy day and they are differently priced from front to back. My question is,are the front idlers different from front to back? I’ve bought D5,D6 and D8 undercarriages in the past without actually giving the part numbers and had assumed they were all the same? Many thanks. Nicky
This is the information I have. It appears that the D8T has different idlers front and back, and the D9T are the same front and back, but a different size to the 8.
Thanks CMark. It’s hard to tell the difference other than price
Ok,so it looks like the D8T front idlers are bigger if I’m reading that right? The heavy duty ones from Cat are 1000£ dearer than standard duty. I work in high abrasive,but low impact conditions and have ran heavy duty Cat rails without problem. With the extra cost in the PPR Cat tracks that I’ve ran,it was wasted on those conditions.I got no more life out of the bush than I did with the cheaper HD Cat rails