Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pin on rake

D6c10K ยท 2020-07-06 20:06

I've got a USA Attachments pin-on rake for my D6c that I've had for a couple of years....same width as the blade. I'm trying to decide whether to weld in some grader blade between the teeth to better cut roots. Will it make it harder to clean the brush of dirt? I know it works well in some conditions, but not sure if it will work with the soils we have in southern IA. ( Mostly shallow topsoil with heavy clay under it)

Replies1
  1. #1farmerlund2020-07-06 22:26

    I would think not a good idea unless your rake has really wide tooth spacing. I have had a couple different types of pin on rakes. The more steel between the teeth the more dirt you will push up also. If I get a tough root i just jam the rake into the ground than push it up to the surface.