Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 350, 350B 350C crawlers

NoFly ยท 2020-07-07 17:33

Hello everyone, I did a search for the 350 but couldn't find anything available, and I know there's still plenty of them out there working (or not) Just wanted to make a central location for the the JD CRAWLER crowd.

Replies5
  1. #1NoFly2020-07-07 18:37

    I'm looking for info on the JD 350 Crawler. Last week I had noticed after working the crawler most of the day, it would gradually take 2-3 seconds before it would move after the clutch pedal was let out. Then all of a sudden, when I switched the "reverser" to go forward, the clutch pedal on the floor dropped forward, like it was completely disconnected. I tried every gear and the reverser in forward and reverse, but the machine never moved an inch. Anyone have any experience on the reverser or the clutch pedal setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated. NoFly

  2. #2Orest Anhel2020-07-07 22:19

    Have you confirmed the linkage is connected and in good condition?

  3. #3NoFly2020-07-07 22:26

    Unfortunately, no, not at the time it happened... It was getting late and dark. Didn't want to dig into it at the moment while I was frustrated already. Figured I'd take the week to think about what could be wrong and address it this weekend when I get back home...

  4. #4mg23612020-07-08 05:04

    Welcome to HEF NoFly ! Most likely the machine needs both the mechanical clutch adjusted as well as the hydraulic clutch adjusted. You will need to acquire (if you don't have it) the tech manual SM2063. The adjustment is a little to complicated to explain in the text here on the thread.

  5. #5DeereKen2020-07-18 17:21

    There is a big spring that returns the clutch pedal to the top. It sounds like it may have come loose or broke. Take the floor plate off and you can see it.