Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8H 46a

Hanco · 2022-08-27 09:16

Dozer starts run great , but no throttle response won’t come off idle . Serial number 46A19840. I’ve been told there is a seal or oring within the governor that may be the cause of it but can’t find one in my parts book . I’ve open the side of governor I can make the engine rev up with the rod that heads into injection pump by hand . When engine is running there seems to be oil spraying around within the governor. Any ideas?…… Keith

Replies9
  1. #1Bluox2022-08-27 11:50

    Pull the pin on the yoke that hooks the throttle linkage to the governor arm and see if engine will rev up. If it does throttle rachet is stuck. Bad Bob

  2. #2chidog2022-08-31 02:52

    This also happens with zero oil pressure.

  3. #3Hanco2022-08-31 10:30

    Haven’t had time to try Bobs idea yet will this week …… have lots of oil pressure !!

  4. #4epirbalex2022-08-31 18:28

    Don't run the motor again until the oil pressure problem is sorted . oil pressure is more likely the issue .

  5. #5Hanco2022-09-01 13:17

    I’ve tried a couple things externally and nothing change , I’ve got the side cover off and can make it rev by pushing the rod that is connected to the injection pump by hand. The ratchet at the bottom of the cover is free.

  6. #6Hanco2022-09-01 13:20

    Just had it running after changing the top of the governor with a spare I had . The top is the part with the deaccellarator hooked to it. No change in operation. But there is oil pressure when running .

  7. #7Bluox2022-09-01 14:39

    The throttle rachet is between the front of the dash and the right rear of the motor. Bad Bob

  8. #8Hanco2022-09-01 14:48

    Ok that seems to be free and working properly, I do have another machine that is giving me problems with that, when you step on deaclerator it moves the hand throttle …. Just picked up new rollers and springs for it today hope it solves it. Is the inside of those supposed to be lubricated or dry when it’s reassembled ?

  9. #9Check Break2022-09-02 10:22

    Dry!!!