anybody?
parts? http://www.wheelerxparts.com/results.asp?machID=1&modelID=10&dir=asc&sort=model
no, i was just wondering if anybody knows where the first 46A ever made was. i have looked all over the net and I cannot find it, just curious is all.
Ok gotcha I wasn't sure if it was something new?
Probably re melted into a D8R
First D8H 46A. Hi, Catskinner77V. Are you looking for the right jigger? The early 46A's had a front-mounted hydraulic tank, side-lever blade and ripper controls in the fashion of the old DDPCU control levers, a not-quite-full-width fuel tank mounted in the middle behind the seat, a vertical air cleaner up front on the left, sported (I think) a 6" diameter exhaust stack and were only 235 hp. They also had a simple single seat bench seat with armrests. If they were fitted with a tilt cylinder, the control lever was over on the left of the operator and stuck straight up from the floor, outside the powershift control lever. Doing a double change of elevation on a tight 'S' bend could keep you fairly busy. I'd be a little surprised if it's not razor blades or something else now but happy hunting anyway.
I found D8H 46A78 its happily residing at a local hutterite colony, I in fact had the pleasure of running along side it last fall pulling pans building a pig **** lagoon. i remember my grandfather telling me about building the Winnipeg floodway, in 1964 Red River Road builders had ordered 50 new D8H's paired up with Cat 80 pull pans. He said the first year of running those machines was just about legendary. 50, brand new H's and pull pans, he said on a calm day you could pretty much see the smoke and hear those low horses growling from downtown Winnipeg, about 15 miles away. It was the talk of the province for years to come, along with the first 657's and quad 9's our area had ever seen.
I worked for a company that had 46A399. It had a diesel converter, the right side arm stretcher blade control and left foot pedal blade tilt control. There was a Hyster D89 winch on the back. After I left the company I heard they were running the machine without the belly pan and punched a hole in the oil pan and then burned up the motor. It was probably done on purpose cause it was a handful to run for any amount of time. The tilt pedals put your hips in a terrible bind and the diesel converter would get the fuel tank so hot you couldn't hold you hand on it for more than a second. It took me a six pack to unwind after a day on that machine.