Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8N Compensator Valve Leak

Mobilewrench ยท 2021-04-23 21:33

I have a client with an older D8 that has a pretty steady leak from a couple of the 2mm plugs on the Compensator valve. It looks to me from the parts book and service manual that there are no soft parts to resolve this. New valve costs about six grand. I suspect that the valve spools are worn out. This machine was built in the time of parachute pants. The spools are not available. Anyone out there have a work around for this?

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2021-04-23 22:33

    A Serial Number would be a good start.........along with the Part Number of the compensator valve you're looking at.

  2. #2Mobilewrench2021-04-24 12:34

    9tc 9T-4816

  3. #3Nige2021-04-24 13:10

    Sorry, I can only confirm what you already know. The spools and all the other serviceable parts were cancelled when the 9T-4816 was updated to 9T-7484 in 1987. Serial Number break appears to be 9TC01957. There may be some used ones on places like Machinery Trader but who can guarantee whether or not they are any better than what you have right now.?