Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D9h blade parts info

gary808 · 2020-01-14 17:30

Hello all, I’m trying to see if there is a updated part number for the weld on brackets that the pusher arms attach to on the back of the blade? I’ve searched with the part numbers from the parts book but can’t seem to find anything. The pic is what we’re looking for

Replies39
  1. #1Old Magnet2020-01-15 01:34

    Regal has the 5J0121 connector and 6J7563 pin Off Road Equipment has the 6J0773 brackets and 6J7500 retainer.

  2. #2gary8082020-01-15 02:07

    Thanks old magnet, whe I searched the numbers from my parts book I couldn’t find anything. Btw I’m not the one that did that blade in haha just the guy mopping up. Thank again!

  3. #3Old Magnet2020-01-15 10:51

    Your Welcome! It's about knowing where to look. Usually can find what your looking for doing a parts search on www.machinerytrader.com and a few others. How's that D9H coming? Must be close to ready if your now working on the blade. On another note I and others have been communicating with a D9G owner on the big island. Goes by the handle George Vanhouten. Do you know him? Can't be to many vintage D9 owners over there.

  4. #4gary8082020-01-15 16:08

    It’s getting pretty close to being finished. We did a bunch of work on the both track frames and idlers and now are waiting on the new set of ess track shoes to show up. We have the new links and bolts here already. I have been welding up and line boring out all the blade bosses for the blade and brace system. We have the blade bosses left now The name Doesn’t sound familiar but it’s a pretty big island. There are quite a bit of older D9h and g’s running around. As well as d8hs and k’s. Here’s some pics

  5. #5gary8082020-01-15 16:11
  6. #6Old Magnet2020-01-15 17:33

    Interesting stuff there. I like your ball bearing steady rest on the boring bar. I don't recognize the mag base drill brand? How would that compare with Milwaukee? Armor plating the diagonal brace is a nice touch. Pieces of cutting edge?

  7. #7gary8082020-01-15 18:36

    That was a last minute how do I get this done. The extra bearings were hung up in the holiday mail. The mag is just a cheap old china mag that we got because it fits Moro’s taper and has a good travel. It’s a 1000w motor. It’s paid itself off ten fold by now. The braces have 3/4 ar plate that we had laying around. Figured that should keep them decent for a bit.

  8. #8gary8082020-01-15 18:38
  9. #9gary8082020-01-15 18:41
  10. #10gary8082020-01-15 18:46

    We ended up changing out all the injector pumps and injectors. The last pics are the additional pulling support we added for the lower ripper plates. Was a tough job to get it to snake around the track frame and still be heavy enough to justify all the work. The main hooks are 2.5” by 10” tall hooks The back is bolted to the ripper plate via 6 x 1.25” bolts per side. The front of the hook is attached to the main frame infront of the trans section on top of a added plate to spread out the load.

  11. #11gary8082020-01-15 18:47
  12. #12Cmark2020-01-15 19:03

    K&T 2H mill? Same as mine.

  13. #13gary8082020-01-15 19:51

    7 1/2 hp 3ch

  14. #14MattR2020-01-17 13:02

    Wow. Your doing some serious work there!

  15. #15gary8082020-01-19 03:05

    Yeah it’s been a pretty overwhelming project. I still kick myself for buying this basket case.

  16. #16MattR2020-01-19 05:57

    But you'll have a great tractor in the end. Now getting your money back if needed to sell might be a different story. I know that all to well!

  17. #17d9gdon2020-01-19 20:18

    Good work there.

  18. #18gary8082020-01-19 21:52

    Haha yeah Yeah we’re hoping to get a decent run out of it and put the money into a 9r. And I agree about never getting back what’s in it. I would rather park it in a barn and just look at it as a collectible haha.

  19. #19gary8082020-01-19 21:53

    Thanks

  20. #20gary8082020-01-19 21:57

    Here’s some pics of the line boring and blade work from the last few weeks Some befores

  21. #21gary8082020-01-19 21:59
  22. #22gary8082020-01-19 22:04
  23. #23gary8082020-01-19 22:07
  24. #24gary8082020-01-19 22:09
  25. #25gary8082020-01-19 22:10
  26. #26Old Magnet2020-01-20 01:16

    You've certainly been busy. Looks like just about everything on that blade was flat wore out. What's the diameter of the boring bar your using?

  27. #27gary8082020-01-20 01:51

    Yep it was so sloppy that you couldn’t do anything to hold a grade. And the swing was bashing the idlers hard enough where they broke them to pieces. I’m assuming most of the ripping was done with the blade corner bits. The bar I’ve been using is 1 1/8 that we made from a old ram shaft. We just drill then broach the 1/2 square holes and thread in set screws. The drive adapter is aluminum I machined up and drilled 3/8 drive pins.

  28. #28John C.2020-01-20 10:24

    Really nice work! Where at on the big Island are you? I was in Kona last year doing a project.

  29. #29gary8082020-01-20 12:03

    Thanks, and I’m on the hill side of the island in keaau. It’s about 20 mins out of Hilo.

  30. #30Old Magnet2020-01-20 13:40

    Thanks for the info. I went with an 1-1/2" bar but that's a little to big for the smaller jobs. I went with Sunnen hone drive parts, 5/8 NC u-joints and thread to spindle adapter. Also was able to find a 5/8 NC male to Morse taper adapter to fit my Milwaukee mag drill.

  31. #31John C.2020-01-20 13:59

    Over on the rainy side. I thought the vegetation in the background looked a little thick. Are you south of Hilo?

  32. #32gary8082020-01-20 15:13

    N i was going to go with a1 1/2 but after looking at these holes I figured smaller would be easier. I do want to build a few larger bars though. How does the Milwaukee drill work for you? Is it auto feed? I originally had a Morse taper adapter but without a u joint it kept walking loose from the slight misalignment. Do you have any pictures of you set up?

  33. #33gary8082020-01-20 15:25

    Haha yeah it’s rainy over here and these last few weeks have been terrible. But we’re east towards the most recent lava flow. We actually have been doing work making roads through the recent lava flows.

  34. #34Old Magnet2020-01-20 15:34

    My Milwaukee is manual feed, low two speed model, #3 Morse taper and adjustable base. Works Great. I don't have any pictures of boring in action but could take pictures of the boring bar components if you like.

  35. #35gary8082020-01-20 16:52

    What’s the model on that Milwaukee? I want to get a better set up that I can slow down. This one is one speed and a bit on the higher side.

  36. #36Old Magnet2020-01-20 18:08

    It's a model 4208-1, 500/250 rpm, #3 Morse taper with adjustable base. 1-1/4" drill capacity motor (soft start), 3/4" capacity chuck and arbor is extra, drill travel is 11" Weighs about 75 lbs. Handles steel hawg cutters to 5" diameter.

  37. #37Old Magnet2020-01-21 11:29

    Forgot to mention, that's variable speed in the 500/250 rpm ranges. Also it takes a double u-joint to maintain true parallel alignment.

  38. #38gary8082020-01-23 16:53
  39. #39gary8082020-01-23 16:56

    Got new weld in bushings machined up and pressed and welded in for the lift. Cut them from some old D9h cylinder rods.