Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D9h no drive low pressure at priority valve

Ozzirattler · 2023-10-27 15:22

Hello all D9h 90V08500 Trans pump hose blew from pump to filters, lost a lot of oil so dropped remaining oil, found some metal in converter so I replaced bearings. On first test drive I walked the tractor 10m and then pulled it up to check leaks etc. Since then it’s had no drive in any gear I only have 320 psi at priority valve My thoughts are pump or sucking air, However is it possible there may be a internal leak in the brakes , steering clutches etc? Are there any procedures testing pressure, such as pushing brakes? Any suggestions/information much appreciated? I’m only a simple cow poke

Replies8
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-10-27 19:11

    test the P1 P2 pressures

  2. #2Ozzirattler2023-11-01 18:47

    Thank you If priority valve is not receiving 400psi would the p.1 & p.2 expected to have 0 pressure?

  3. #3Ozzirattler2023-11-03 00:14

    P1 100psi P2 0 psi

  4. #4Ozzirattler2023-11-03 07:07

    Replaced O rings and pump no change, no leaks obvious

  5. #5tctractors2023-11-03 16:14

    Was the high pressure filters changed and the filter case drained and cleaned, next thing is to pull the Priority valve to bits and strip /clean the little filter inside the slug.

  6. #6Ozzirattler2023-11-03 16:21

    Thanks for your reply, I should of mentioned Penrite sae 30 was used to replace the oil, filters have been changed and pressure control and priority valve have been dissembled and cleaned I am going to do them both again What is the correct term for the left pedal ? Which I call a brake clutch , disengages the system whilst in gear Is it possible it is stuck causing a bypass ? Should I be looking more into steering clutches and brakes?

  7. #7Old Magnet2023-11-03 19:39

    Yes, if your not getting pressure to the priority valve the steering clutches and brakes tap off the line going to the priority valve. Should make 275 +/- 25 psi with steering clutch released and 395 +/- 15psi in neutral and brake activated.

  8. #8Nige2023-11-04 10:22

    Did you go deep into the priority valve to access and clean the filter located inside the valve slug #16 as TCT suggested.?