I am running a new D9R at the moment, it arrived last week. I didn't think that they would still be available, given that the T has been out for some time. I suppose it could be due to the fact that I am in Russia at the moment, I am not sure. The thing is, it has no zip to it. It only just hits 1800 RPM when stationery and I am wondering if the company that we are renting it from have turned the revs down on it. I was running one last year, it ran well and had plenty of grunt but I can't for the life of me remember what RPM's it ran at, seems like it should be around 2000. It defenitly feels like that is what this one needs to make it a more responsive tractor. By the way we have a new D8 arriving this week and that is supposed to be an R also, strange?
d9r hello LDK ,info on the spec sheet shows 1900 rpm for 474 hp from 2004 sheet,bruce oz
Being an D9R it should be rigged with the HEUI engine? Torque stall it. Should Reach 1600 Rpms. If not then get the ET plugged into it.
Aghhh the old "HEUI low power must install ET from a dealer to fix it" problem. I work for a dealer and have 22 years experience in the game and i am amazed that this is the way people think with all this whizz bang fandangled stuff, (personally i think training has a lot to do with this mentality) sure there is a place for the laptop in a low power diagnosis but there are a ton of things to be checked before that, air filters, fuel filters, fuel tap fully on etc. After all one thing is still the same on the new stuff as the old and that is that it is still all nuts and bolts put together by people. Back to basics first and go and ask some dealer guys how many times they have been to this type of job and screwed on a new $25 fuel filter and charged $100+/hr & travel time, you would be surprised.
Aghh the old ..... Dam ive been here for 6 hours and it still wont start! Must have ran out of fuel? Keep it simple Is my Moto .... Ive never been on any course's .. S - level or anything like that! This machine is a rental .... Get on the blower to them .. Not gonna cost LDK $100/hr is it? If it aint getting 1600 Rpms on torque stall then its being de-rated. The De-rate is electrical. Changing filters etc could solve the problem but this is a new machine right? 1 Week old? How many Hr's?
Hours It hasn't got a hundred on it yet. Thank you all for the input so far.
Being a new D9R i wonder if there has been some build up happening in the fuel tank while it sat around the last 4 years or could the winter fuel in Russia have reacted with the original in the tank? Any fault codes coming up?? Haul pak, sure it is a renter but seeing as he is in Russia it may not be as simple and easy as just ringing them up and if the machine is not working right, sure it is not gunna cost LDK a hundred an hour but it may be costing the job far more. Where would you plug in ET on a D10N to diagnose a low power?
Oh if only? Going on past experience, getting things done in Russia is not easy. The CAT dealer was a dissaster a few years ago and I doubt if things have changed. When you had a problem they asked you what you want them to do, of course the obvious answer is, fix it! The thing is though they want you to tell them how to fix it and I would imagine that $100 an hour would be cheap here, most everything else is expensive. I am just hoping that when the 8 comes in, all the horses are in the stable.