Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dang near cried when i buried this

dayexco ยท 2009-09-15 17:51

farmer had us bury a WHOLE bunch of "junk"....this was one thing in the pile...asked him if he was SURE he wanted it buried...he said yup....i said, i will buy it from you "hopes of a resale"...he said, i've had hundreds of chances to sell that, i want it buried...so we did. BTW, it was VERY straight before i tipped it over...should have taken pic before i did that.

Replies8
  1. #1OCR2009-09-15 19:07

    dang near cried when i buried this: That does seem unusual... I wonder if there was some kind of value, besides money... sentimental... or maybe a bad experience associated with it, from the past?? I guess he didn't say, though.? OCR

  2. #2dayexco2009-09-15 19:37

    you know, i never thought of that!!!....maybe a loved one owned that car or something...but he was VERY adamant on having it buried.

  3. #3OCR2009-09-15 20:01

    dang near cried when i buried this: Yeah... that's what I was thinking too. OCR

  4. #4Orchard Ex2009-09-15 20:10

    Hmmm, Ever see the movie "Christine"?

  5. #5stock2009-09-16 01:26

    Well he who pays the piper calls the tune.........

  6. #6Hendrik2009-09-16 01:35

    Did ya check the body work for bullet holes before you buried the evidence?

  7. #7roddyo2009-09-16 09:07

    I have seen deals like this before where everyone wanted something. Friends, Family, Neighbors, Etc. No matter who you sell it to someone gets there feelings hurt. He might have figured the money it would bring wasn't worth the Trouble and Hard Feelings selling it would cause. Just my 2 Cents. If the guy didn't tell you we will never know. It's more fun this way where everyone gets to make up there own ending. BTW if I had been in that position I would have put the car in an auction. Whoever wanted it bad enough could just get there checkbook out.

  8. #8special tool2009-09-16 17:32

    Hmmmm - I like that one, never heard it.