I bought a Davis 27-3000 backhoe attachment. I took it by the Case dealer for them to have a look and MAYBE tell me something about it. I also sent email to Case. So far I have learned that Case bought Davis and then sold the Davis line to ASTEC Underground. Otherwise, I haven't gotten any info on either Davis or the model 27-3000. Some tidbits have indicated that Case put it on a 380 and a 1845 Skidsteer and maybe on a 480 or perhaps a 410 or 430. Anyway, something in the 400's. The FIRST thing I feel I need to find out is what GPM will make it run satisfactorily, as in REAL 27-3000 info not some WAG by someone w/o familiarity with this backhoe. Anyone have any manuals for a 27-3000? Please, firsthand knowledge desired. I emailed both Case and ASTEC with little result. I figure some Case dealer has some manuals sitting on a forgotten shelf collecting dust. Real help appreciated.
The Davis 27-3000 should be the same as the CASE D130 backhoe that they mounted on the skidsteers, trenchers and small loaders. Take a look at the D130 at Cases online part site and see if it matches your backhoe. If it is the same it will make your search for information much easier and I have an operator manual for the D130 that I can get the information you need.
Hello Goose. I noticed that the Case D 130 LOOKS very much like my 27, but looking at pictures is one thing: seeing for real much better. When I took it by the Case dealer, one of the salesmen came out and looked at it and when I told him it looks similar to the D 130, he said it is bigger and said it was either a 27 or 29. Well .... I am not in a position to dispute what ANYONE tells me that I have no way to measure the statement by. So ... let's try this: anyone got a D 130 or know where one is that you could measure pin to pin on the stick and boom?? I will measure and post the dims. when I go to where it is right now (about 80 miles from where I am). I weighed it when I took it up there and it came in at 1800 lbs. - a little more than I was expecting. Some of the info I have found says the 27-3000 was put on the 380 and the 1845 Skidsteer and the Case dealer here said some were put on some 400 series something. There was a 480 at the recent Woodburn, OR auction, but it has a Case 26B backhoe on it and is a bit bigger than this Davis 27. BUT, I have yet to find anything with a 27-3000 mounted on it. There was a 27 for sale in New York, I think in 2009, and I have seen pictures of it and, of course, it looks like mine. And, like I've said, the D 130 looks to me like it is at least very similar if NOT the same. Thanks for your response and perhaps another member knows someone who knows someone who knows someone and we'll all find out for sure.
I have good news and bad news; the good news is, I know a Case expert... The bad news is....it's Goose. He is excessively modest, but his hundreds of posts on here about Case equipment have been very good. If I remember correctly, he is a service manager or lead tech. at a Case dealer. For what it's worth, I am very leery of taking salesmen's word for things like this, particularly when they are certain. Good Luck
Mitch504, Thankyou for your info. I am not "taking the word of the salesman" except that, in the short time i have had this backhoe, this particular person has demonstrated he is quite lnowledgeable on the subject of CASE. I told him that I had noticed it looks to be the same as a D 130 but I don't have any other pic's to go by. I have seen pic's of a D 100 and can state positively that it is NOT a D 100, BUT, for instance, if you compare a Corvair connecting rod with a small block Chev and a BIG block Chev, they look like a drawing was put in an opaque projector and moved closer to the wall for the Corvair and further away from the wall for a 454. Reasonable enough for me, so why wouldn't a manufacturer do similarly with a piece of equipment. I admit that pic's of the D 130 LOOK just like the 27-3000, but I think it's fair to want hard evidence that a D 130 and a 27-3000 are "the same." Tomorrow I will measure pin to pin on the stick and boom so I at least can include those dimensions in a later post. If someone has access to a D 130 to compare dimensions, if they are the same, I'll "buy it" as stated. I in NO WAY am attempting to respond negatively to Goose or about him, and so far I've not gotten any BETTER information than his. This is an OLD machine, as I understand it, and it may well be that my salesman friend's memory of the size of a D 130 as compared to what he was seeing before him has "suffered some ravages of time." The only other size info I've gotten so far was from one of the service dept. guys here. But he said he'd never seen one bigger than a D 100. I have emailed Coleman Equipt. who says they have D 130 parts. Purple wave had a D 130 in August. But thanks for your info. I feel I needed one live D 130 to measure off of. They are "out there," so perhaps someone will be able to provide the measurements and then we will ALL know together. Believe me, I have asked if D 130 is the "new" number for a 27-3000. Case couldn't answer that question and neither could ASTEC Underground. Keep watching, we'll get the answer I hope.
Hello again, Goose. Tonight I checked on the internet to see if I could find a D130. A fellow in AZ has one and he generously offered to go out and measure his boom and stick. I also just returned from where I took my 27-3000 and I measured it before I returned. The dimensions are the same. Now to find the GPM for the hyd. sys. And thanks for your response.
The D130 will run good on 12-16 gpm. On machine that have more flow we used to install flow valves to limit the amount of oil going to the hoe. Also some of the D130s came with a flow valve between the hoe control valve and the hoses coming from the carrier.
Cool! Now, if the pump I already have is up to the task, I'll $ave a little ca$h.