Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DC85 New Holland dozer throttle link bent

guisep3 ยท 2017-12-03 11:57

Please help! My employee opened the cab on my machine and didn't disconnect the throttle rod quick disconnect. Consequently when the cab opened it ripped the top half of my injector pump clean off. I have had the injector pump rebuilt, but now my throttle Rod is bent which I'm going to replace. However I do not know for certain if the linkage arm that is connected to the Deceleration pedal linkage is bent as well. The linkage arm that has the ball bolted to it appears to have a 30 degree Bend towards the inside of the machine. I am not sure if that is a factory Bend or if that linkage arm that the quick disconnect is connected to was bent during the cab opening procedure?. Can anyone shed some light on this and possibly send me a picture of their throttle Rod while it's connected to the injector pump and the quick disconnect linkage arm. From what I understand new Hollins and case dozers are identical so anyone with a case 750k or 850k would be able to shed some light and it would be very much appreciated. I posted pix of my current linkage. View attachment 175727 View attachment 175726 View attachment 175727 View attachment 175726 View attachment 175726

Replies3
  1. #1GaryHoff2017-12-09 21:19

    Your linkage arm looks bent to me.

  2. #2guisep32017-12-13 13:08

    Thank you very much for your response. When you say linkage arm are you referring to the linkage arm that's in the photo that has the ball attached at the bottom? Did you notice on my photo that my linkage arm is different from the linkage arm shown in the diagram you posted. I also have a service manual for this machine and have the exact same picture that you posted. When I went to order it from my local New Holland dealer they told me that they couldn't get the part that I had but only the linkage arm that is in the photo which seems to be twice as long as mine. Mine only has the bottom half from the bushing down. Not the upper portion of the bracket. Now if it bent it been almost perfectly towards the transmission. We were able to manipulate the old throttle linkage rod to get the machine within the RPM parameters in the book. I also recently purchased a new throttle rod that has a slight z bend in it. Do you think if the machine seems to be running okay that I should just leave well enough alone or do you think I should install the new throttle rod and adjust the bend of the linkage arm? Again I can't thank you enough for your response very much appreciate your time Joe

  3. #3GaryHoff2017-12-14 01:50

    If your throttle is working fine, and in the right RPM range, then just leave everything as is. If the throttle starts binding, or the decelerator stops working, then I would consider changing the linkages. I will do a bit more research as to why your throttle linkage arm is different.