Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Decal removal

Don k ยท 2018-03-15 10:03

What is the best way to remove the original decals from a dozer or any Cat. equipment?

Replies6
  1. #1Jonas3022018-03-15 10:08

    Ive never taken them off a cat but stickers and decals in general Heat gun, single edge razor blade, plastic scraper, and a 3m eraser wheel then you usually need some liquid adhesive remover and elbow grease to finish https://www.amazon.com/3M-03612-Adhesive-Eraser-Wheel/dp/B005RNGN8I

  2. #2Crummy2018-03-15 10:13

    I've had good luck with SEM Solve. Some stickers/decals need to first scuff first & then wipe on with a rag & penetrate for a minute.

  3. #392U 34062018-03-15 11:04

    Look at most of those Cat decals the wrong way and they fall right off. Usually I just use a heat gun and they peel right off.

  4. #4heymccall2018-03-15 13:05

    I use a cellulose wheel on an air grinder, or heat and hand peel.

  5. #5DoyleX2018-03-16 07:18

    https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...Stripe-Off-Wheel/?N=5002385+3293162209&rt=rud Worth every penny

  6. #6Don k2018-03-16 08:32

    Thanks for the information. I will get one.