So I'm trying to get this d39px-22 to run properly error eo2 call now already paid tec(the nearest komatsu dealer 59 miles away) almost ten grand they changed injectors oil fuelfilters and the main engine harness. The machine runs worse since they worked on it. Originally had a code and a slight vibration like a misfire. I am an automotive mechanic but not entirely illiterate with diesels. Does anyone have any trouble shooting starting points or links that may help locate or the epc or fuel pump any help I am grateful for
The EO2 is just the severity level code and is not the actual FMI (fault mode indicator). Your machine model and serial number would be helpful.........and also what fault codes were discovered. EO1= I'm letting you know I have an issue that you should check out but I'm ok to run. EO2= Hey, I told you I am having a problem and now I may have another. I'm going to back down your horsepower so you don't damage me anymore. EO3= I need help right NOW and I refuse to operate correctly until you fix me. Ask your dealer service tech for the codes he pulled off the machine (active codes).
Thank you for the reply I am unable to get a straight answer on the codes, currently trying to find the 4 digit code request I believe it is 6194 but trying to confirm, the model is d39px-22 serial#3093
No help here sorry. Just wanted to ask other than the issue how do u like the machine. I’ve been wanting to get one. I like the size and horse power. I have a d41P-6 now and love it but I want a cab machine thanks
Damn good machine, probably best I have ever ran, have a d41 also but i like the 39 better. ...
Hey thanks Casey. I spoke to another dude he said same thing. Said it really has incredible push power and good visibility. Hope u get it figured out sooner than later! Good luck man!
step 1 check pressure at fuel filter..
The fault code is ca559 please help
Fault code ca559
Thank you for your reply I will check pressure at fuel filter and report back to you
ca559 is for the rail pressure low. if it logs ca2249 thats rail pressure very low. check fuel pressure and swap filters if you havent already. if you have changed the filters, lines are clear and not blocked, and fuel pressure is low ive seen the gear motors on the back of the hpcr pump fail.
Ca559 and ca2249 present don't have the 5000.00 hydraulic pressure tester the book states is required to pressure test the low side pump.....any suggestions before throwing a pump at it.
Normally when I've seen CA559 and CA2249 it is normally a fuel filter issue or something in the tank plugging the suction line. Did the tech check injector leak off before replacing all injectors? I've seen one bad injector cause the code but it was easy to isolate by checking return flow from injectors. How many hours on the engine? I've always replaced the high pressure pump when I do injectors because I have seen your scenario several times where the injectors where replaced and then a couple weeks later the high pressure pump craps out. Also, you shouldn't need a 5000 psi gauge to check the low side pressure. The low side pump is only making about 150-200psi. On a -22 you should be able to monitor fuel rail pressure in the monitor. Also, seen aftermarket fuel filters no seat correctly and cause this issue. I think luberfiner or Baldwin.
pull the suply line off that goes to the water seperator and let it flow out for about 30seconds and make sure you have tons! of fuel.
Tons of fuel out of filter I'm thinking hpp only 4200 hours on machine
Solved replaced hpp at the advice of t.e.c. service manager with a new, not reman Bosch pump. This did not fix the issue, komatsu dealer came out tested flow rates on injectors and found the reman injectors previously installed by t.e.c. to be defective new injectors installed machine has been working hard for 3 months over 300 hours no faults great dozer
Man that’s great. Always good to get a piece fixed. I want one of those 39’s bad hehe