Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Decals for a Case 580B

shellman14315 ยท 2008-03-04 01:11

I am trying to find a source for a full set of decals for my hoe. I see pics on here of restored 580B's with great looking decals. Does anybody have a good source for a full set of decals. I have seen some "hood" decals, on the internet, but have not found a full set. Im trying to get everything together before I set out on painting and cleaning this thing up. Paint is another story. I think the original is Power Yellow, its an orangish looking color, kinda like the color on the outside edge of the website here. It has since been repainted to a color more like true yellow. I will have to post a pic and get your opinions. I like the original color better, but since most of it is yellow now, i think painting it would be better using the most dominant color underneath it. Im also looking for a good source for Case paint. Thx Cory

Replies33
  1. #1Kgmz2008-03-04 12:13

    Quipcal Here are links to their Ebay store and to their website. http://stores.ebay.com/QuipCal1 http://www.quipcal.com

  2. #2Duke2008-03-04 12:47

    I thought it was called "Power Tan".

  3. #3Legdoc2008-03-04 15:14

    The color on my 580M is power tan.

  4. #4Duke2008-03-04 15:27

    I need to repaint my hoods side panels in power tan, too. I'm gonna need "580 Super M" decals, as well.

  5. #5Phil2008-03-04 18:44

    I'm not sure but I think early 580B's were industrial yellow and later B's were power yellow. I use new Cat yellow, at $29 a 4 liter pail, and mix orange in it, at 16:1. This does not yield the real orange tint that power yellow has, but rather an in- between colour. A picture is posted on the old thread "got my 580B painted". Sorry I cannot help you with an alternate source for decals, but all are listed and shown at Case/CNH parts on-line. Here is a few part #'s I keep. Note: a change up in part # can mean a different format to the font 321-3138 - late, large 580B hood decal-$22 321-3069 - yellow construction king decals for top of cab-$18 321-2397 - loader decal for 4-way lever-$7 321-3134 - 5" Case with tread LH trim to fit loader arm or use on dipper-$26 321-3135 - 5" " " " " " " " " " " " RH " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " """ " " " "-$26 321-3108 - 4"Case with tread, a short general purpose decal, comes RH only, can use on cab rear- $25 Let us know if you get them from Quipcal, and how they look. Phil

  6. #6shellman143152008-03-05 00:33

    Thanks guys for the responses. Im gonna check with quip cal about decals for the 580B. Didnt see any on their ebay store, but sure they have them. Phil, you mentioned yellow "construction king" stickers for the top of the cab. My cab is yellow and the stickers are black. It doesnt appear it was ever black. I have seen some of the pics on the website of the black ROPS, but not mine. Does that give ya an idea of what year it might be??? I got a paint sample from the midwest of power yellow and it looks alot like the original color of the hoe. Like i said, its more now like a normal yellow or a JD yellow.

  7. #7Phil2008-03-05 05:47

    Might be an early B, not sure, could have been sandblasted and repainted with decals off a CK. Is the inside of the cab black? If you want it restored correctly maybe someone at Case may direct you. Some older Case salesmen can really remember this stuff, let me know if you can't find an answer, I have a friend who would know. Phil 580B Industrial Years mfrd 1970-76 Beginning No 8650001 1970 8685801 1971 8691901 1972 8712001 1973 8736601 1974 8770001 1975 8797501 1976

  8. #8john jensen2008-03-07 15:33

    Decals for a 580B I am sure that Dan Kornstad up at www.collins-services.com can help you whit decals. John Jensen.

  9. #9Elast2008-03-10 09:13

    Case Construction Equipment Paint Chart Pre 1975-Industrial/Federal Yellow 1975-1983-Power Yellow 1983-Present-Power Tan 1983-1994-Brown 1995-Current-Gray Elast,,,:drinkup

  10. #10shellman143152008-03-10 21:57

    Ok, I found the serial number and it is 8738649 so according to Phil's chart above, its a 1974 tractor. I also noticed the part about the darker or tan color under the yellow paint only applies to the back hoe. Im guessing the back hoe is not the original backhoe. I cant find any tan paint on the main tractor anywhere. So probably the paint is Federal Yellow. I took some pics and will try and post them if I can figure out how to do it.

  11. #11Countryboy2008-03-10 22:02

    Check out the second red link in my signature for help with posting pictures.

  12. #12shellman143152008-03-10 23:18

    Ok, here are a couple of photos. A full shot photo, one of the engine/hood, and one of the how where you can see two colors of paint. The paint above the lettering is the bottom "tan " paint and the paint below the lettering is the yellow paint that covers most of the tractor. So for you guys who know your tractors, what color do you think it is based on what you see? Fed yellow? Thanks Countryboy for the tips on the photos. I thought it would be harder like going to an image hosting site...thx

  13. #13Countryboy2008-03-10 23:23

    No problem. Glad I could help. Nice hoe by the way. :drinkup

  14. #14shellman143152008-03-10 23:27

    Not a bad hoe for $4500. Couple of hyd leaks but it runs great. Used it to dig up about 12 stumps and move a couple of mounds of dirt. Im pretty much done with her now. Plan on cleaning her up, new paint and decals.

  15. #15Phil2008-03-11 07:49

    $4500 ....drool, drool. Looks like industrial yellow and back in the days when they used lead, not really faded at all. I finally have the angle for the original 580B hood decal. I think yours is original. Nice pictures, drool...Phil

  16. #16Elast2008-03-11 08:31

    The colors in the pics are industrial yellow. Elast

  17. #17shellman143152008-03-11 09:46

    Industrial yellow it is!!! Now the search for paint. Thanks guys.

  18. #18Elast2008-03-11 09:59

    Your local Case dealer can still get paint for you. Elast

  19. #19stumpjumper832008-03-11 16:54

    maple-hunter is another good place for decals. They usually let you choose between milar and vinal.

  20. #20Boots2008-03-14 07:59

    When I asked the Case dealer he said my 580 Super D was Power Yellow, but it doesn't look right. Through my "research", I still haven't found the years that the Super D was made. Also, the black that was used appears to be flat black, is it flat, semi flat or glossy black that is faded? thanks

  21. #21Elast2008-03-14 09:27

    The 580D was made from 1980 Beginning ser#9050041-1983 Ending ser#9863699. The 580D was Power Yellow and Non Glare Balck(semi flat) Elast

  22. #22Ralph2008-03-14 20:14

    Looks like a great $4,500 hoe! I ended up getting a full set of decals that included all the warning stickers (amazing how many things cause death...) and friction pads for my Bobcat project from the local dealer. I was looking on eBay because I expected to pay a fortune at the dealer. In this case the dealer was less and the kit was complete. It even runs better after you put on the new decals...

  23. #23coopers2008-03-15 01:49

    I don't know what color this is but I have always loved this darker rich orange with the black cabs. HATED the tan color some of the E's and K's came in with the brown cab. Here's a pic of what I mean...not my hoe, want it, but found it on the net for example.

  24. #24Phil2008-03-15 06:49

    The power yellow does look nice and when it fades, it still looks good. Definitely makes a machine stand out. Don't paint the cab gloss black, rather mix it with flat black if you can't get the original match. Nice picture. Phil

  25. #25shellman143152008-03-15 11:55

    Yeah, that is a nice color and I really do like the black cabs. I think im gonna keep mine industrial yellow, just for the ease of painting. If i cant reach a spot or miss a spot, it wont be so glaringly obvious. Ill have to do before and after photos.

  26. #26coopers2008-03-15 22:09

    Yeah, be sure to show us the pictures....:drinkup

  27. #27turbotech2010-05-12 10:10

    I was wondering how close the New Cat Yellow is to the Case Power Tan. What would you mix into the Cat paint to make the Power Tan color?

  28. #28turbotech2010-05-12 11:13

    I was thinking of using the New Cat color and another color to make the Case Power Tan and Case Power Yellow. The omaha orange would make the Power Yellow. Not sure what would lighten the New Cat to make the Power Tan. Probably the New Cat and the School Bus Yellow. Here is the link to the colors I could use: http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/AcrylicEnamelColorChart.html

  29. #29Swampfoxo2016-08-09 03:03

    Phil I know this isn't a regular post and I'm hopping you get this. I just picked up a 580 b and I'm hoping I'm not gonna go in debt with the thing. I found this forum and I'm not sure are you guys still around. This 580 is old new to u all but to me it's brand new. My first and only. I love clearing fence rows with it. Philemon I'd love to talk on these forums with u and the gang but not sure how. Mike jones from franklin ton Louisiana

  30. #30Swampfoxo2016-08-16 02:03

    Lol my backhoe looks like this one but a month after I bought her I had to replace the motor. I paid 3500 then 2000 for a pulled engine but it runs great might be a lil pricey. I've been cleaning up fence rows etc. I'm also replacing all hoses and seals on the cylinders. As far as the seat goes lol the pedant all they wanted 400 for a used one so in gonna build one out of an office chair piston. It's working just needs prettying up.

  31. #31Swampfoxo2017-02-23 12:28
  32. #32Swampfoxo2017-02-23 12:29

    I bought some from coleman tractor . Com .

  33. #33Swampfoxo2017-02-23 12:34

    Im sorry that was www.colemanequipment.com . they have them. Just look under case and gind 580b . Then scroll. Its in the sectional view. They even have the other labels as well. A person could mske his hoe look brand new mike